Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service and Repair Information - just a start

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Service information repair manuals, service documents, wiring diagrams and parts information.

Subscriptions costs: $100 for 24 hours; $350 for one month; $3,000 for one year

Certification Program to become Tesla Approved and receive complimentary Account access

Welcome | Tesla Service

7 pages - Terms and Conditions for Service Website (Service.TeslaMotors.com)
https://service.teslamotors.com/system/files/Service_Website_Terms_and_Conditions_20131128.pdf

IMPORTANT PERSONAL SAFETY AND VEHICLE REPAIR INFORMATION
about 20 important documents about safety, tools, methods, hints & tips, welding, adhesives, painting, etc.

Important Personal Safety and Vehicle Repair Information | Tesla Service

Especially with the internet, you should always try to find original source information for yourself.
Don't ask a complete stranger for information when you can read the manual for yourself. Makes sense?
Well, I hope this helps those owners [or would be owner] to find useful information, a place to start your research.

good luck.

...good luck...

Registration is only for Massachusetts.

Thus, if I can have all the money in the world, I still can't buy any subscription to access a service manual (because I am not in Massachusetts).

The other way to circumvent that restriction is to place an advertisement and recruit a Massachusetts resident to register and buy me a service manual.

But if I can do that then that means I have all the money in the world.

And if I have all the money in the world, then I might as well just fly to Massachusetts and do that myself!

But if I have all the money in the world, then I might not have to I nickel and dime with Service Center and I might as well skipping the flying to Massachusetts to get the service manual!

Registration is only for Massachusetts.

Thus, if I can have all the money in the world, I still can't buy any subscription to access a service manual (because I am not in Massachusetts).

The other way to circumvent that restriction is to place an advertisement and recruit a Massachusetts resident to register and buy me a service manual.

But if I can do that then that means I have all the money in the world.

And if I have all the money in the world, then I might as well just fly to Massachusetts and do that myself!

But if I have all the money in the world, then I might not have to I nickel and dime with Service Center and I might as well skipping the flying to Massachusetts to get the service manual!
just plain wrong - many countries and many translations - see for yourself
Note: This country determines your billing and taxation rate, as well as the available translations for documentation.

4 types listed: General Access Personal, Business, Approved Body Shop, Insurance
REGISTER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION | Tesla Service
Suggest you read the 7 page Terms first - you may not agree to the Terms - see number (3.) below

The world changes fast now days. Sorry no nickel and dimes, min. $100 + taxes (no free lunch)
Perhaps you should try again and let us know the problems. Is your warranty up? Salvage car? used car?

have fun. (sample of the terms - perhaps you could point out the problems of these Terms?

===============================
3. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution

You acknowledge and agree that if you access and use the Site and Information from a location within the United States all matters relating to your access to or use of the Site and Information will be governed by the substantive laws of the State of California and of the United States generally applicable therein, without regard to any provision of its choice of law rules that would result in a different outcome. In such circumstances you agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of California and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue.

You acknowledge and agree that if you access and use the Site and Information from a location within the European Economic Area or Switzerland all matters relating to your access to or use of the Site and Information will be governed by the substantive laws of the Netherlands, without regard to any provision of its choice of law rules that would result in a different outcome. In such circumstances you agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the Amsterdam courts and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue.

In the event of any dispute between you and Tesla arising out of or in connection with your access and/or use of the Site and Information, you agree that we shall attempt, promptly and in good faith, to resolve any such dispute. If we are unable to resolve any such dispute within a reasonable time (not to exceed thirty (30) days), then either you or Tesla may submit the dispute to mediation. If we cannot resolve the dispute through mediation, then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law.

Last edited:
...just plain wrong...

I mean to apply the situation to where I live which is in the U.S. and I happen to live in California, not Massachesetts, not other countries.

upload_2018-9-10_17-42-48.png

Sure, if I have all the money in the world, I could fly the many countries and not just Massachusetts such as European Economic Area, Switzerland, Netherlands...

Just to understand the logic, just because Tesla allows registration to many countries, many languages, can I in California also buy Tesla service manual?

I mean to apply the situation to where I live which is in the U.S. and I happen to live in California, not Massachesetts, not other countries.

View attachment 333849

Sure, if I have all the money in the world, I could fly the many countries and not just Massachusetts such as European Economic Area, Switzerland, Netherlands...

Just to understand the logic, just because Tesla allows registration to many countries, many languages, can I in California also buy Tesla service manual?
YES, just do it.

Like you said: "just a start".

It's a good start for 1 state in the U.S.!

The other 49 states will just have to wait and be at the mercy of Tesla's timeline.

Hopefully, the rollout schedule will be soon but Tesla "soon" could be years and years!
This isn't just a start. This is Tesla's policy and has been this way for years. They only allow access because MA has a 'Right to Repair' law that forces Tesla to allow access. Tesla won't be allowing anyone else access unless they are legally forced too.

There is an S service manual floating around the seedier parts of the internet though if you need it.

Does Tesla actually block a download to outside of MA ?
And by the way, I'm not sure that Model 3 information is available.
You need a credit card with a billing address in MA. They used to require a picture of a MA drivers license too, not sure if that is still the case.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Hi All,

I don't know if you have seen them but there are service, wiring, and parts CD/DVD for Tesla S and X on eBay.

They seem reasonably priced and from the outside they look authentic.

Use the eBay search for "Tesla service manual."

It is not me selling them. I just offer the suggestion to look and for you to make your own decision.

Shawn

The service.teslamotors.com site is now available to all U.S. residents (though you still have to pay for a subscription). It was formerly only available to residents of Massachusetts.

The only downside is the fairly high price for the subscription, but the content does get updated pretty much every week (including improvements to older procedures, not just new additions), which is something that you'll miss if you buy something off eBay that was downloaded who-knows-how-long ago and illegally offered for sale.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
Guess the subscription still does not provide Toolbox access? How you guys in US deal with 2nd hand parts - FW deployment; calibration? E.g. to replace a handle that costs $150 second-hand Tesla Service will quote probably above $1000.

Yes, agree! There should be a separate certification for Toolbox only - non-body works. This would be a major issue when cars grow older - Tesla imposes (one way or another) using only new parts, which I understand, but on the other hand there's no good alternative. I'm thinking about such while the endless discussions with Tesla Support ref. to my not working MCU goes :) First available service date - 27 Aug and $4k+

Reactions: NiallDarwin