TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Service Center - Austin

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by garry753, Jan 4, 2013.

1. garry753

garry753 RoadsterS753 ModelS P1449

Has anyone heard any updates on when this will open? I have heard through the grapevine End of November, then end of December, but haven't seen any developments...

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

The Ranger is already there working but the center isn't officially open. Should be soon.

3. garry753

garry753 RoadsterS753 ModelS P1449

Thanks @dsm363 - do you have an idea of the location?

4. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

The new Austin Tesla Service Center will be at 8609 Burnet Road (across from the Waterloo Icehouse on Burnet) is what I heard from John Floyd.

I am excited as this is a mile or so south from where I work.

5. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Per Jack Batson, Service Manager Dallas, All three stores will open simultaneously - Austin, Dallas, Houston. He surmised it was going to be this week.

6. mfarendt

mfarendt Member

I live a couple of miles from the site of the Austin Service Center, so I stopped by to see if there is any progress. There is now a sign out front and the outside of the building appears to be finished. No mention on the door as to the opening date though.

IMG_0517.JPG

7. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

Update on the Austin Service Center; my 60 kWh is being shipped there (after a factory delay with a keyfob issue) next week and I am set to pick it up there (even though it has not opened yet).

8. perphilip

perphilip Lurking Member

I picked up my 60kWh from the Austin service center last weekend and the DS (Cale) mentioned that they would be "open for business" this week - although there were several cars already on the lifts and in the garage.