Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center coming to Carlsbad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in temecula, work in oceanside, so the oceanside temp location is very close to my work. Appointments there can currently be had in a few days, not a few weeks like down in san diego. I dont know if Oceanside has lifts or anything though. As others said no tesla loaners, but they have an enterprise rep there. I had an infinity Q50 rental, (which I could not WAIT to give back), but at least I had a vehicle while they had my car for a day.

Very nice people there too. I am guessing they will be the ones who transition to carlsbad when it opens. Plenty of teslas in Temecula too, so that location will likely serve not only north county, but everyone who lives in temecula, murrieta, etc.

Thats interesting! I specifically asked them in January when I went there for my appointment if I could have a tesla loaner, and was told "We dont have Tesla Loaners". At the time, I took that to mean "they didnt have any" not "we dont have any right now because they have all been lent out".

I was at the Oceanside location for a service appointment on Jan. 16th. I got a new 75D Model S loaner that only had 200 miles on it (so the trial period for autopilot was functioning, which was cool since I have a classic Model S and had never tried autopilot before). The Enterprise rep told me that just a few days earlier she took delivery of 20 new Model S loaners and worked most of the weekend to get them accounted for and positioned in the parking lot. SO...it seems they are now lousy with Model S loaners.

BTW, the service guys at Oceanside are awesome. Hope they all end up at Carlsbad when it opens.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Yet another update...stopped by the Lionshead Avenue location today. Couldn't get into the parking lot because of a chain. Walked around the building and discovered: nothing! No workers, no progress, no tools or scaffolding, no staged materials, nothing done inside or outside. If this Service Center is supposed to open in April, they better get on their horse!

Vistan

Well, we've taken a couple of backward steps! Went by the Lionshead Avenue service center building today for a look-see; not only is there no progress, but the desks, chair, personal stuff, signs, and gear leaning against the wall shown in Post #40 are gone. There are no White Construction signs on the windows and no evidence of any kind of activity. The yellow Notice sign shown in Post #30 is still there.

Vistan

Contacted the City of Carlsbad Planning Division regarding this Tesla project. Apparently the Tenant Improvements Plan submitted by Tesla's reps has been approved and is ready to go, but the building permit fees have not yet been paid. The Planner said these fees usually required extensive negotiations between the building owner and the lessee. The building permits have been approved only for the service center side of the operation; the sales side goes to the Planning Commission on April 17 and then to City Council 4-6 weeks later. He did not know why the signs and tables, chair etc. in the building were removed.

Vistan

Made another recon visit to 3248 Lionshead Avenue today (Saturday, March 30th). Maybe things are back on track - the White Construction signs are back up on the windows and door. Noother signs of activity inside or outside the building...

Vistan
IMG_0025.jpeg

Construction work has finally started on the interior of the 3248 Lionshead building. The construction crew is putting up walls to delineate the spaces in the two level sales/offices front portion of the building. I didn't see anything going on yet in the much larger service/repair portion of the building.

Vistan

• Informative
Reactions: jowaldo and mociaf9
Here's some interior pics of the progress as of Friday 12 July at the Carlsbad Service/Sales Center:

The first is looking in from the front door into the sales/office area.
The second is looking from a side service door at the back of the sales/service wall.
Number 3 is looking toward the same wall from the opposite side of the service area.

Vistan

image.png
IMG_0040.jpeg
IMG_0041.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    728.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Informative
Reactions: Hkbruin and jowaldo