TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla service center in Villa Park, IL

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by kevincwelch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

This was certainly news to me since I haven't seen it on the official website.

Was at the Oakbrook mall today and plugged into the Tesla charger in the garage and had a nice conversation with one of the Tesla rangers who was working on another blue MS. He stated that a service center in Villa Park would be opening soon. Right now it is an empty building. No time table requested of him...

Another nice option: Get serviced while shooting over to Oakbrook to shop.

Sent via Tapatalk.

2. B-Chicago

B-Chicago Member

Chicago SC also mentioned they are looking for space on the North Shore around Northbrook. Rumor mill had the former Fields Jeep dealership as a possible option. Being close by there, I hope it is true but nothing to verify at this point.

3. Luder94

Luder94 Member

I thought Villa Park has been open for the last two months now. I know my DS has been bouncing back and forth between Chicago and Villa Park.

4. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Villa Park is open and running.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why they have two so close?

5. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

For those who live in the western burbs, the convenience of not having to drive 40 miles downtown is huge (the centers are 22 miles apart but with Chicago traffic, it is sometimes a lifetime..). The rumor is that there will be another service center in the north burbs near the Old Orchard showroom. I think it is actually good to have a service center near each showroom.

6. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

How true.........................

7. Grant Gerke

Grant Gerke Member

The toyota cluster strategy, set up service centers where the cars are being sold.