TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Service Center Irvine (Unconfirmed)

Discussion in 'California' started by DDotJ, Sep 9, 2020.

1. DDotJ

DDotJ Member

I was browsing the Irvine permit portal and came across a new permit that mentions Tesla as the tenant. I thought it might be a Supercharger at first but upon closer inspection it looks like it might be a Service Center.

The address is 2801 & 2803 Barranca Parkway, Irvine CA which is across the street from the Tustin Legacy. The permit calls for an office and warehouse, along with parking lot modifications. The building size is 57,986 SF and the lot size is 5.07 AC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. nyghthawk

nyghthawk Member

Wow, this would not be a bad addition. Closer to the MV one, but made Costa Mesa my preferred, this would definitely take over for my preferred location.

3. Spacep0d

Spacep0d Member

This would be a smart move. Lots of money in this area, lots of Tesla owners already I imagine.

4. derkan

derkan June Bug

Would be a great move, definitely my go-to location.
    Also I wouldn't mind superchargers here.

I always wondered why their Lake Forest SC didn't try to get a place on the existing "Tesla" street. Or maybe they tried.

5. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

That’s cool. Elon did say not that long ago that they were going to be expanding service centers. I haven’t heard anything since then and wondering is he was saving the announcement for the Shareholders/Battery Day events. Something to start watching for. Given all the Teslas I see around where I’m at and it’s kind of a drive to one I have been hoping to get one closer to where we live. Had heard rumors a few years back one was coming but nothing materialized.

6. trey

trey Member

3 service centers so close together doesn't make sense. My guess is one or two of the existing ones would get consolidated here if this was a SC.

Based on the Irvine job openings... I'd say this is a Solar / Home Energy dispatch center. 13 Irvine jobs

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. trey

trey Member

BTW, there is a SpaceX office right across the street on Corporate Park.