Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center - Irvine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was browsing the Irvine permit portal and came across a new permit that mentions Tesla as the tenant. I thought it might be a Supercharger at first but upon closer inspection it looks like it might be a Service Center.

The address is 2801 & 2803 Barranca Parkway, Irvine CA which is across the street from the Tustin Legacy. The permit calls for an office and warehouse, along with parking lot modifications. The building size is 57,986 SF and the lot size is 5.07 AC.

yEfib6o.png

tPsGPWR.png

70sRHre.png

4npO6GL.png

teQAm7N.png

That’s cool. Elon did say not that long ago that they were going to be expanding service centers. I haven’t heard anything since then and wondering is he was saving the announcement for the Shareholders/Battery Day events. Something to start watching for. Given all the Teslas I see around where I’m at and it’s kind of a drive to one I have been hoping to get one closer to where we live. Had heard rumors a few years back one was coming but nothing materialized.

Looks like this location just got permits for 2 Superchargers and 6 non-superchargers EVSE stations.
Still not sure what exactly they are building here but the addition of Superchargers could maybe indicate that it is a service facility? I know the Costa Mesa SC has a supercharger as well for use by Tesla Service

KQ7GWQ8.png

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Their Irvine listed jobs now include Service Advisor and automotive service tech. The super charger inside seems like a pretty hot lead. This looks a lot like a service center. This has to result in the closure of the costa mesa center or lake forest... right?

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Drove by today and took some noticed the Tesla signage up so I stopped by to take some pictures. I think I can confirm this will be a service center based on the fact that there's a Service entrance on the right side of the building.

There's also what appears to be a single Supercharging cabinet in the parking lot along with many HPWCs. Looking forward to a new Service Center in Irvine.

nT2Aexj.jpg

EbojDAm.jpg

UE8Plnv.jpg

YsMdxxQ.jpg

e3liQwT.jpg

JvWFj5z.jpg

Thanks for the update, it looks like it's actually confirmed then. I can't change the title of the thread though 😅

I hope this is in addition to all the other service centers in the area and that the ones currently in place (Costa Mesa and Santa Ana) don't close. Appointments used to be 1-2 weeks out, hopefully this new location will reduce the wait time significantly.

Had my first service appointment (was a 4 day wait) at Costa Mesa. Very interesting as I don't really have to deal with a Service Advisor and they just throw Uber credit on your phone and away you go.

All the updates are in the app and you just pick up when they call/message you.

I pass by the location a couple times a week getting on and off the toll road and noticed "Tesla" went up on the building a few weeks back. Tesla needs another service center in the OC. Costa Mesa is always packed.

I pass by the location a couple times a week getting on and off the toll road and noticed "Tesla" went up on the building a few weeks back.
Yes, PICTURES of this were posted back in post #10 above

Tesla needs another service center in the OC. Costa Mesa is always packed.
Santa Ana was opened specifically to help. Originally meant for 3s and Ys though I have seen an odd S or X in there. Been twice (well, two service visits, so four actual visits to the facility) and have had good experiences with them.

Funny this tread came into radar, I have a service scheduled here and was wondering where I signed up for.
Oh nice! I drove by yesterday and it looked pretty quiet. I could see a few cars parked near the back by the "Service" entrance sign. The front lot was empty though, so I was wondering if it was operational yet.

Please let us know how it goes ;) I really hope this location has loaner vehicles to give out, or at least an Enterprise partnership onsite

I’m currently at this Service Center. Was able to schedule a next-day appointment. They took over the entire building, with about 3/4 of the space dedicated to service with quite a few lifts and 1/4 reserved for future sales/delivery. Advisor said this will be the premier location in OC for roadster/cybertruck servicing. It’s definitely larger than Costa Mesa Service’s original building footprint (though I’m sure CM expanded over the years).

For those surprised by the close proximity of service centers and superchargers, there are over 10,000 Teslas in Irvine. So the capacity is needed.

Reactions: trey and DDotJ