Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center Let my Battery Die.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice here? The car went in with a drivetrain failure now being replaced under warranty but around 5% I told them that I would like the car plugged in so it doesn't die. Their response was "We'll plug it in when a charger becomes available." The next morning the car was at 0% and they said they've sent a note to the service team to plug it in when they can.

How much trouble is the battery going to go through if it stays dead for a day or more? I've got 60k/4 years on the clock.

Any advice here? The car went in with a drivetrain failure now being replaced under warranty but around 5% I told them that I would like the car plugged in so it doesn't die. Their response was "We'll plug it in when a charger becomes available." The next morning the car was at 0% and they said they've sent a note to the service team to plug it in when they can.

How much trouble is the battery going to go through if it stays dead for a day or more? I've got 60k/4 years on the clock.
Document this - if you battery ever dies past warranty you may get a new one. They won't do anything to help you now and may even lie straight to your face and tell you there is no issue with the battery. Ask them for the voltage levels for soc in toolbox 3 - I don't know name of the diag test on screen but you have them run that then go back and look in Tesla service manuals see if there is an issue maybe? Reaching a bit but point is to find out what that "buffer" is below zero and get your voltage levels to see how you compare.

• Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl
Document this - if you battery ever dies past warranty you may get a new one. They won't do anything to help you now and may even lie straight to your face and tell you there is no issue with the battery. Ask them for the voltage levels for soc in toolbox 3 - I don't know name of the diag test on screen but you have them run that then go back and look in Tesla service manuals see if there is an issue maybe? Reaching a bit but point is to find out what that "buffer" is below zero and get your voltage levels to see how you compare.
Or, it’s really not a big deal……. Not everything is a conspiracy or lie. Sometimes it’s best to not overthink it.

Or, it’s really not a big deal……. Not everything is a conspiracy or lie. Sometimes it’s best to not overthink it.
That's better than my reply. I was going to say take a blood pressure pill, breathe deeply and relax. :) OP I understand your concern. It could be expensive if something were to go wrong with the pack, yet in this case just ask them to make a note on the repair bill that this occurred.

Actually at Tesla many things are "alternative facts". Guess I just have crap luck 😊 - FSD beta for how many years now? I was told tiday at the service center I did not need warranty work paid for for loose suspension components FROM THR FECTORY because the car will self correct this automatically I kid you not! I wish I video taped it.

Actually at Tesla many things are "alternative facts". Guess I just have crap luck 😊 - FSD beta for how many years now? I was told tiday at the service center I did not need warranty work paid for for loose suspension components FROM THR FECTORY because the car will self correct this automatically I kid you not! I wish I video taped it.
It was a loose nut. You’ve posted a dozen times. Again your over thinking it….

You REAlLY think I care about a loose nut? Seriously? Fix and move on. You really think I would post this much fir that?

It's the way I was treated by Tesla and others are - not "overthinking" it
Honestly I do. As we judge by communicating your posts (many) on the same simple issue grinding over and over I would Assume that’s the same way you interacted with the service person. You Think their alignment cost was to high Fine go someplace else? You don’t get to Tell them what you think is a fair deal? Is a 2k service on a Rolex Fair compared to a Timex? Over thinking it means you bought the wrong car.

Honestly I do. As we judge by communicating your posts (many) on the same simple issue grinding over and over I would Assume that’s the same way you interacted with the service person. You Think their alignment cost was to high Fine go someplace else? You don’t get to Tell them what you think is a fair deal? Is a 2k service on a Rolex Fair compared to a Timex? Over thinking it means you bought the wrong car.
Uh - either you didn't read what I wrote or you work for Tesla, or perhaps just a Tesla zealot and they can do no wrong. Point of my comments is two fold - learn others experience and help understand if Tesla has any awareness of the boots on ground errors being made. Has zero to do with $275 for an alignment - zero. Has everything to do with being lied to, told warranty wouldn't cover a defect from factory, etc.

I enjoy reading posts like your where you judge arbitrarily and speak as though you have been anointed by the community as their representative. As "we judge" as you say - exactly man - "judge"😊 We call that a busy body.

Many posts - I was unaware there was a limit. If you don't like my comments why waste your time replying? Look in the mirror.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4
That's better than my reply. I was going to say take a blood pressure pill, breathe deeply and relax. :) OP I understand your concern. It could be expensive if something were to go wrong with the pack, yet in this case just ask them to make a note on the repair bill that this occurred.
Clearly you and Yelobird are the "defend Tesla they can do no wrong" and you both enjoy personal attacks as a way to defend your perception that Tesla actually is failing - in some cases catastrophicly - when issues occur.

Think guys - I waited a year to get the car. Clearly I wanted it and still enjoy it to an extent - but tell me, how long a list of issues about the company do we accept before we say f___ it? Don't tell me that's a "personal decision" - when I buy any car, I don't expect the features I buy to disappear on an update. I don't expect price gouging, lying from service folks. I don't expect future vehicle designs to negate the ability for good service ability. I don't expect to have no humans to talk to. I don't expect QC issues like what others and I had. I don't expect crappy paint. I can go on - list is long.

Everyone, including me, lives with a list of issues - no car company is perfect -but Teslas list is longer than one would expect for a vehicle in its class.

Don't tell me I "should have known@ - most people who buy cars are not reading forums like this to have forewarning.

Take a blood pressure pill? Yeah - maybe - cuz Tesla could have done better and honestly it's like you really have no clue untio you are an owner and have some issues ti deal with just what you get in ti with a Tesla.

I am happy so many of you have never had to deal with service or if you did you were fairly and honestly treated.

I just figured a Conpany like this could and would do better - so yes, maybe I took it too personally that I spent 60k and didn't have my expectations met. I just was hoping the hype was real and clearly it's not and when members on here act like I am attacking them when I say Tesla could do better, that is part of the hype contribution that masks some of the pitfalls.

I talked to even other Tesla owners in my area I know personally and all except one overlooked any area where Tesla could improve. One guy had to replace a steering rack for 3.4k - just out of warranty and he was OK with that eveb though same work could be done for 2k outside of SC.

Maybe what you don't like is the prolific posts asking and sharing my opinion? Guess this site isn't what I thought if that's your belief.

Clearly you and Yelobird are the "defend Tesla they can do no wrong" and you both enjoy personal attacks as a way to defend your perception that Tesla actually is failing

And so you also made a personal attack yet criticize others. So you are on my ignore list to see no more of your postings. You also haven't done your homework as you will see I don't always say positive things about the car.