Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service center no loaner Tesla anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am fine with a model 3 loaner for a model 3 owner and an X loaner for an X owner. Even 25k subaru's give out loaners.
Honestly, there's no reason all loaners couldn't be Model 3s in time. Current production push and limitations are probably what is holding it back. The Mercedes dealer I go to doesn't use S and GLE class for loaners, they use C and GLC class. Doesn't matter if you have an AMG or an entry C class, everyone gets one of those two.

For what it's worth, the same dealer tried to reneg on promised free loaners the first service visit after purchasing a new car and have failed to have them available on several other occasions. Loaner issues are not Tesla specific.

For what it's worth, the same dealer tried to reneg on promised free loaners the first service visit after purchasing a new car and have failed to have them available on several other occasions. Loaner issues are not Tesla specific.

100%. My (prior) Cadillac dealer had the same thing - they offer free loaners (and I do see them around town with the "Courtesy Car" sticker on it), but it wasn't available when I asked about it. Thankfully I only had one service incident where it would've come in handy, and for that, they had a porter shuffle me back and forth home. Really couldn't complain much - I work from home so a loaner is not that critical for me.

Update: In my case the repair only took less than an hour so i waited.

I did overhear one CSR say to another customer that they did not have any loaners but did offer Uber credits.

Oh, and another customer was concerned how long his repair would take as he had to get his son's graduation about an hour later. At no time did the CSR offer a loaner. He was told that they could either try to expedite the work or he could come back later.

This was 1-1:30pm on Tuesday. I don't know if they did not give out loaners as a policy or that their fleet was already gone.

Last edited:
Pomona service center uber'd me home. They had loaners but wanted me to return it on thursday which I couldn't do that day. I guess it works. But the pomona service center looks like a business office and a classroom with chairs. No coffee.

It's all getting progressively worse each time I visit. Not only was our Model X issue "not covered under warranty" (that would be worthy of an entirely different thread) we were told no loaners were available but they would give us Uber credit. WE HAVE THREE KIDS IN CAR SEATS, HOW IN THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TAKE UBER? We were told we could rent a car at our own expense.

Every time I have to deal with this company makes it that much likelier these will be our last Teslas. So sad...

I think Uber makes sense in certain situations. Now if it was going to be a multiple day repair I’d want a loaner, but if just getting to work and back to the SC the Uber credit is nice, and pretty seamless compared to loaner paperwork.

Tesla World's Best Service... = Hyuuuge LIE

"The best way to experience service is, of course, not to experience service. If your car does need service, then it should be swapped with a car that is ideally better in some or many ways. To this end, Tesla is building a fleet of top of the line Model S loaners. These will not be our basic model – they will be state of the art with all the best features and options.

Your time is valuable and should not be spent driving to or waiting at our service centers. Tesla is putting in place a valet service, so that your car is seamlessly picked up and replaced with a loaner and then returned as soon as we are done. There is no additional charge for this."

Elon "the lambs will believe everything I utter" Musk / 2013

Last edited:
Update: In my case the repair only took less than an hour so i waited.

I did overhear one CSR say to another customer that they did not have any loaners but did offer Uber credits.

Oh, and another customer was concerned how long his repair would take as he had to get his son's graduation about an hour later. At no time did the CSR offer a loaner. He was told that they could either try to expedite the work or he could come back later.

This was 1-1:30pm on Tuesday. I don't know if they did not give out loaners as a policy or that their fleet was already gone.

Unless his repair was to install a filter or fix a light, he should have expected it to take a while. That's really poor time management to be bringing in your car to be fixed before an important event without leaving room for delays. Nobody schedules a root canal an hour before their wedding.

They have Enterprise reps on site at my local SC's. They'll give out Model S's until they run out then it's back to ICE.

same here at the buena park service center. They also offer to lyft you home and back if you don't need a loaner (but probably only if on separate days)

• Funny
Reactions: GreenT