Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service center no loaner Tesla anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to drop off my car for service in Dedham Thursday morning for a non-functioning driver door handle. My commute is about 80 miles away and would cost about $60 each way not including tip. Hopefully they will give me a loaner so I don't have to reschedule. Having the driver door handle not function is such a pain in the butt, not to mention you can hear the motor in the door continuously cranking during the entire drive which I can't imagine is very good for the motor.

Had my car serviced today and was given a 2018 MS 75D as a loaner.

I am dropping my car off for service today at the Tyson's Corner Service Center and received Uber credits in the amount of $200 for one day. I will ask them if they are no longer giving loaners or maybe because my service request should only take a day, I will not get a loaner vehicle. My service ticket also contained the wrong information, after I updated it weeks ago, but that's a whole other topic.

This is not the experience I've had with any of the cars I've driven from (Lexus, Audi, BMW, and Acura). Even if my repair was just 24 hours, I was always offered a loaner car. If an on brand loaner was not available, they would pay for rental car. Tesla will not pay for rental car.

Its these things that give me pause for Tesla moving forward. You can't upsale your vehicles and then provide service offerings below what Kia would offer it's customers. I get that Tesla doesn't call itself a luxury brand. Nonetheless if a larger portion of your customer base comes from luxury brands; Tesla cannot expect those buyers to stick around if everything post sale of the vehicle does not the basics of prior service center experiences. I would be willing to pay for a service package at reasonable price - if it meant a set standard of service when I drop my car off for services.

IMG_4404.PNG

IMG_4405.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I dropped my new M3 last Thursday to Cherry Hill. I am still driving their loaner 2015 Model S. But it has no auto pilot or anything like my M3. At this rate, I've had my car for two weeks and Tesla has had it back for 1. And the test message I received yesterday on regards to whether they think the autobody shop will make today's estimated date.... they stated they were nervous about it! Cause they told me auto body shop originally predicted earlier in the week to be done. But they were the ones to put the date out to today, as that shop has under delivered before. Looking in the app, my frunk is still open from the last 96 hours and my battery just dropped to 20% this morning :(

I am dropping my car off for service today at the Tyson's Corner Service Center and received Uber credits in the amount of $200 for one day. I will ask them if they are no longer giving loaners or maybe because my service request should only take a day, I will not get a loaner vehicle. My service ticket also contained the wrong information, after I updated it weeks ago, but that's a whole other topic.

This is not the experience I've had with any of the cars I've driven from (Lexus, Audi, BMW, and Acura). Even if my repair was just 24 hours, I was always offered a loaner car. If an on brand loaner was not available, they would pay for rental car. Tesla will not pay for rental car.

Its these things that give me pause for Tesla moving forward. You can't upsale your vehicles and then provide service offerings below what Kia would offer it's customers. I get that Tesla doesn't call itself a luxury brand. Nonetheless if a larger portion of your customer base comes from luxury brands; Tesla cannot expect those buyers to stick around if everything post sale of the vehicle does not the basics of prior service center experiences. I would be willing to pay for a service package at reasonable price - if it meant a set standard of service when I drop my car off for services.
Does this only apply to Model 3 owners?
Are X owners treated the same way?

I have an SR+ and took it into the service center in September to replace a chipped sunroof. I was told that since the car would be there for more than 2 hours, they would provide a loaner. I received a Model S P75 complete with autopilot.

Absolutely SUCKS.
IMO Model S owners should get Model loaners.
Ditto Model X. Ditto Model 3.
This Uber voucher model is insulting!
At this point, I would be happy if they just give us a Rental on Tesla's Dime. This is getting ridiculous with the SC's nothing takes less than a day for them to fix. Either they need to make the SC's 24/7 or increase the no of them exponentially. I can understand ubercredits for less than a day work, but work which requires multiple days its just not reasonable. I was under the impression that Electric cars are easy to maintain the way these SC's are operating we would be spending a lot more money on just finding alternate transport.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
So do we lose the credits if we don’t use it all once the day is over? First time having to take my car in after they started this Uber credit

found my answer. It says expires tomorrow in the voucher details. I had to click into it.

Last edited:
So do we lose the credits if we don’t use it all once the day is over? First time having to take my car in after they started this Uber credit

found my answer. It says expires tomorrow in the voucher details. I had to click into it.

They give you all the credits all at once and expires on the day they estimated you'll pick up the car. Cannot be used on tips, UberEats. If you need more credits, just ask for it from the service advisor.