Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers Right Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are service centers like right now for the most part? I have a Model Y that will likely need the charge port replace (persistent red light, can't charge) but am a bit paranoid about going in, getting a loaner, etc.. Anyone have any experience so far? I know its 'touchless' but still worried about people in the car too, etc.

When I got homelink installed I just dropped off the car at 9am left the credit key in the box, picked up the loaner (2013 p80 model s) they set up for me. Everything is done via text with instructions with the code for the loaner key box and the parking spot it is in.

Came back around 5pm after they texted me saying the car was ready and dropped the loaner fob off and left.

No issues at all. Not sure if they wiped anything off but I did when I picked it up.

I've had issues unfortunately with Plano, TX service center. Like many on this forum I had some issues with the delivery; general cleanliness of the interior, some minor panel gaps and dirt nibs under the paint. I turned it in 11 days ago and they said it was a quick fix. The still have it and ETA is this coming Tuesday.

With virus it is hard for them to completely remove all trace of virus between loaner borrowers.

Best to see if you can wait for fix, or get a friend to drive you.

This virus has made it extremely difficult to maintain business as usual.

You might need to be flexible.

Best to ask for a service appointment via app. They will reach out to you regarding your issue and let you know if you need to take it in, they can dispatch a ranger or possibly fix it via OTA updates.

What are service centers like right now for the most part? I have a Model Y that will likely need the charge port replace (persistent red light, can't charge) but am a bit paranoid about going in, getting a loaner, etc.. Anyone have any experience so far? I know its 'touchless' but still worried about people in the car too, etc.
They can replace a charge port with mobile service. Should be no need to bring it in.

With virus it is hard for them to completely remove all trace of virus between loaner borrowers.

Best to see if you can wait for fix, or get a friend to drive you.

This virus has made it extremely difficult to maintain business as usual.

You might need to be flexible.

Best to ask for a service appointment via app. They will reach out to you regarding your issue and let you know if you need to take it in, they can dispatch a ranger or possibly fix it via OTA updates.
I'd rather take my chances with how well they cleaned out a loaner than sit in an Uber with some guy coughing at me.

I have an appointment Thursday for the Tesla QC stuff that needs to be corrected. When I had the Homelink done it was the 6 ft thing and the wipe down the touched surfaces with cleaner. I am suppose to get a loaner when I go back I will do the normal stuff and disinfect all the surfaces I can think of but I would be terrified to be in an Uber right now.

Reactions: Electric Steve
I have an appointment Thursday for the Tesla QC stuff that needs to be corrected. When I had the Homelink done it was the 6 ft thing and the wipe down the touched surfaces with cleaner. I am suppose to get a loaner when I go back I will do the normal stuff and disinfect all the surfaces I can think of but I would be terrified to be in an Uber right now.
Whenever my MY comes in, I'll need to go for an hour-long drive to pick it up. I was planning to take an Uber one way, but now that's out. My new plan, assuming the MY arrives during the lockdown, is to rent a car for a one-way drive.

I’m just not sure if that’s the whole issue. Assuming mobile service doesn’t have full
Diagnostic equipment for an issue like mine?

I took delivery of my MY about 2 weeks ago and had charge port issues too. It wouldn't open using the button on the super charger or my home charger. I booked a service appointment using the app and they ran a remote diagnostic. They determined that my charge port controller needs to be replaced. A week later, mobile service showed up and replaced it in my garage. Pretty good experience in my book. I especially like the part where I didn't have to take the car in.