Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Tampa Service Center this AM to have a couple of tweaks done on my car. They introduced me to the manager for the Orlando Service Center and a sales rep. They were both in Tampa for training. Of course, both were very nice guys.

The manager told me the Orlando Service Center is going to be in Longwood (I forgot to ask about expected opening dates). Not sure if this is news or not, but a quick search on the forum didn't turn up any news on Orlando other than supercharger rumors. I also asked him about any news on an Orlando supercharger - he had none.

I haven't done a drive by yet to see what's happening. Just basing my information on Tesla's website that has a hard address. 15001 N Hayden Rd #110 Scottsdale AZ 85260.

I did :)

Tesla_ServiceCenter_Scottsdale_sm.jpg

Just called the Fremont SC and their next appt is Nov 27th so I asked about better alternatives and he said Burlingame. He also said Sunnyvale will be up in 2 weeks. Finally I asked about what is closest to me, Walnut Creek, he said by year end.

WOW--Nov 27th is first appt??? Thinking a little expansion of the service dept is needed...but glad they are opening more locations in the area. Rock on...

Many of us have been waiting for the new Walnut Creek Service Center to open (it has been listed as Coming Soon on the TM site for over 6 months). I had previously discovered that the planned location was to be the old Cook’s Collision location on N. Main Street next to Autopia Car Wash. Someone else had discovered that a permit had been applied for, then withdrawn (possibly problems with the site, abatement, plans, etc). Today I happened to stop at the Corte Madera Sales Center location to scout out the charging infrastructure (HPWC go live in 2-3 days…see my other post). When there I ran into the concrete subcontractor (works under the general contractor --hired by TM to do the concrete demolition/repair/new work). He reported that his firm had done all of the concrete work at the Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Burlingame locations as well as others. They saw cut existing slabs (e.g. inside old dealership locations like Palo Alto) to be able to pour new 12” thick pads/footings for the new service lifts, plus do the exterior parking lots and hardscape. Anyway, I asked him about Walnut Creek, and he reported to me that his firm has the contract to do the work, that the project is back on track, at the N. Main St. location and that he is awaiting a call to begin concrete demolition in a couple of weeks (on or about 2/1/14). Hope he is right….

Note that this is a few miles from the proposed ‘coming soon’ Walnut Creek Sales Center to be located in Broadway Plaza (…not sure exactly where in BP it will be given the upcoming major remodel). However this might mean the installation of charging infrastructure in the existing parking garage there (there used to be commercial equipment that was torn out).

- - - Updated - - -

Oakland Service Center

Today I happened to stop at the Corte Madera Sales Center location to scout out the charging infrastructure (go live in 2-3 days…see my other post). When there I ran into the concrete subcontractor (works under the general contractor --hired by TM to do the concrete demolition/repair/new work). He reported that his firm had done all of the concrete work at the Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Burlingame locations as well as others. They saw cut existing slabs (e.g. inside old dealership locations like Palo Alto) to be able to pour new 12” pads/footings for the new service lifts, plus do the exterior parking lots and hardscape. Anyway, we were talking about future projects/service centers. He stated that TM was looking at a location in Oakland for a service center (not sure if it will also be a sales center). He had no details and his firm has not yet seen a site or been asked to bid on the project.

Any thoughts/guesses on where the Fairfax, VA service center will be located?

I too am anxiously awaiting the announcement of a new service facility up here.

I would bet it is either going to be near the end of 7 in Tyson's before 267 or off of the Toll Road somewhere in the Reston area. It would make sense to have it near Aston Martin, Bentley, Porsche, and MB but given the number of MSs I see on 267 daily anywhere east of 28 would be considered a win over driving to Bethesda.

Many of us have been waiting for the new Walnut Creek Service Center to open (it has been listed as Coming Soon on the TM site for over 6 months). I had previously discovered that the planned location was to be the old Cook’s Collision location on N. Main Street next to Autopia Car Wash. Someone else had discovered that a permit had been applied for, then withdrawn (possibly problems with the site, abatement, plans, etc). Today I happened to stop at the Corte Madera Sales Center location to scout out the charging infrastructure (HPWC go live in 2-3 days…see my other post). When there I ran into the concrete subcontractor (works under the general contractor --hired by TM to do the concrete demolition/repair/new work). He reported that his firm had done all of the concrete work at the Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Burlingame locations as well as others. They saw cut existing slabs (e.g. inside old dealership locations like Palo Alto) to be able to pour new 12” thick pads/footings for the new service lifts, plus do the exterior parking lots and hardscape. Anyway, I asked him about Walnut Creek, and he reported to me that his firm has the contract to do the work, that the project is back on track, at the N. Main St. location and that he is awaiting a call to begin concrete demolition in a couple of weeks (on or about 2/1/14). Hope he is right….

Update--as of yesterday no action at the possible Walnut Creek service center. For Sale sign still up, MB cars parked there, not looking promiosing.

Update--as of yesterday no action at the possible Walnut Creek service center. For Sale sign still up, MB cars parked there, not looking promising.

Update--as of yesterday 3/19/14 there is no action at the theoretical Walnut Creek Service Center location on N. Main St. Still has a 'For Lease' sign and some MBZ parked there.

Also checked out the future home of the Sales Center in the Broadway Plaza shopping center in Walnut Creek. Spoke with a 'concierge' who showed me the boarded up future location near Starbucks and Juicy Couture. She noted that there has been little to no construction activity, and I personally have seen no gross change since my last visit a month ago. She also allowed as how there needed to be work done in the parking garage for charging infrastructure.

Looks like we're still in for a wait.....