Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick update: having made a follow-up call to Customer Services, the head of "Virtual Servicing" in the UK did deign to call me back and we were able to go through my various concerns over the telephone.

Currently, here in the UK we have a "black hole" which is a virtual-servicing e-mail address. Messages sent here may - or may not - get replies, but these are invariably anonymous in nature, and don't do much to build a customer-service relationship.

I emphasized that, whilst being able to make a service booking online is OK, customers do need some way of discussing concerns with a real human being - and I think this point was taken on board. Whether or not anything changes is another matter…

This was posted briefly in the TSLA Market Trading thread until deleted as off topic. It is a site that allows investors to vote on questions to be asked at the Earnings Report event.

Question for @tsla Earnings:

PHILIP M. ASKS

Many Tesla owners are finding it exceptionally difficult to communicate with Tesla service. Many wait 5 hours on hold or are caught in phone tree loops. Several service centers can only be scheduled by phone, which is nigh impossible. What is being done about Tesla service hell?

https:// Say .com/s/f022ba48 via @Say

So far 7 upvotes and 8.2k shares. If anyone who is having this problem has TSLA shares I think this question needs to be asked at the Tesla Q2 2019 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast on July 24th.

FYI Tesla Q2 2019 webcast can be viewed online Tesla, Inc. Q2 2019 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast | Tesla, Inc.

Is anybody aware of any progress on service related issues? I'm getting frustrated enough with it that I've been thinking about trading for something else. I love my car, but 24 man-hours to drop and pick up my car for an A/C repair is more time than I have.

Zero progress and it's getting worse.

2 days left to upvote the question about what is being done to reverse the problems with Tesla Service. It needs quite a finish to beat out questions about what the Lathrop facility is really for?; Why did Tesla reduce prices when it says it is supply constrained (A clue is that they are getting people to upgrade to higher ASP versions with higher gross margins), etc. Those and the others are nice to know, but quality of service experience is going to be important to maintaining future sales increases. If you can please upvote this question.

https:// Say .com/s/f022ba48

This was posted briefly in the TSLA Market Trading thread until deleted as off topic. It is a site that allows investors to vote on questions to be asked at the Earnings Report event.

Question for @tsla Earnings:

PHILIP M. ASKS

Many Tesla owners are finding it exceptionally difficult to communicate with Tesla service. Many wait 5 hours on hold or are caught in phone tree loops. Several service centers can only be scheduled by phone, which is nigh impossible. What is being done about Tesla service hell?

https:// Say .com/s/f022ba48 via @Say

So far 7 upvotes and 8.2k shares. If anyone who is having this problem has TSLA shares I think this question needs to be asked at the Tesla Q2 2019 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast on July 24th.

FYI Tesla Q2 2019 webcast can be viewed online Tesla, Inc. Q2 2019 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast | Tesla, Inc.

Noticed there is also a second service related question on Say. It is now in second place in the voting.

SEAN M. ASKS

You stated on the Q4 2018 earnings call that customer service was a personal priority for 2019. Can you update us on what has been done to date to ensure all owners are receiving an industry leading customer experience?

Say

The first question was more specific, but at least this question potentially gets a question about service asked. Though it's not specific enough and allows for vague responses that don't directly address the problem of not being able to communicate with service centers directly.

There is, I discovered, a Las Vegas "support" call center who can schedule service and reach the "unreachable" service centers ---
--- but it's impossible to reach it except by calling *roadside assistance* and having them transfer you.

Their evil phone tree is killing Tesla's reputation fast.

If they don't take the customer service question this time round, I may actually sign up for say.com for the next time. Then they'll have to take it -- I have enough shares to swing the vote.

Chat button seems to be removed for me. During off-hours, the chat button was disabled, but now it is completely missing... My SC only has a voicemail for the parts department and other options say to go online, emailing customer service does nothing.

I am stuck in an infinite loop right now trying to get some help... My car is at the SC for warranty work but I didn't receive a work order / work estimate. It's supposed to be done today and my uber voucher is expiring today with no contact from the service center or a way to get more information.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to inform those whom are in the North East, primarily on Long Island, NY that appears Tesla is moving forward with the plans for the Service Center in the north shore of Long Island previously 6th Ave Electronics. My buddy is a commercial window tinter whom forwarded me this last month when he got the bid notice. He informed me today that he got the bid so its safe to show now.

Attached is the bid offer from the GC whom was hired form Tesla. My buddy will be doing all of the inside and outside windows with Tesla logos and tint for glare / privacy.

Tesla.jpg

I'm on day 5 of waiting for door handle fix and recall airbag replacement since I dropped my Model S off for a scheduled appointment (at Highland Park, IL service center). No proactive updates from the service center except when I reach out, and the only answer has been "it will most likely go in tomorrow". Basically it's sitting in the lot, collecting dust. And of course no loaner available, only an Uber voucher.

This is a completely different experience that previous service visits, which were done same day, as scheduled, with a loaner and frequent text message updates throughout the day.

Is this is the new normal?

I'm on day 5 of waiting for door handle fix and recall airbag replacement since I dropped my Model S off for a scheduled appointment (at Highland Park, IL service center). No proactive updates from the service center except when I reach out, and the only answer has been "it will most likely go in tomorrow". Basically it's sitting in the lot, collecting dust. And of course no loaner available, only an Uber voucher.

This is a completely different experience that previous service visits, which were done same day, as scheduled, with a loaner and frequent text message updates throughout the day.

Is this is the new normal?

If you can still reach out and make contact, those days are probably numbered.

My SC opened several months ago and not having an email, phone number, or business cards is an intentional design.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GreenT
I believe from a newspaper article the Jackson (Pearl), MS service center is now open for business and another Service Center is under construction in the New Orleans, LA area.

I’m pretty sure neither MS nor LA allow Tesla sales within the state but this is awesome news for local owners or travelers along I-20 (MS) or I-10 (LA).

Hi everyone,

I wanted to inform those whom are in the North East, primarily on Long Island, NY that appears Tesla is moving forward with the plans for the Service Center in the north shore of Long Island previously 6th Ave Electronics. My buddy is a commercial window tinter whom forwarded me this last month when he got the bid notice. He informed me today that he got the bid so its safe to show now.

Attached is the bid offer from the GC whom was hired form Tesla. My buddy will be doing all of the inside and outside windows with Tesla logos and tint for glare / privacy.

View attachment 437986

That's great news! I live minutes away from that site and it was first announced more than a year ago! It still isn't listed on the Tesla site under "coming soon". Any indication of the time frame?

I thought I would share some service center issues from the past week or so (Dublin, CA)
1. Model X door popper stopped working. Replaced under warranty, screw was left in door panel rolling around.
2. Seatbelt was paid for to be fixed, separate issue. When I got back to the car, the work wasn’t actually done at all.
3. Model X half-shafts needed replacing. Appointment set, parts said to be ordered. Show up for appointment, PARTS NEVER ORDERED.
4. Seat belt issue, finally fixed. Seat was NOT PUT BACK TOGETHER PROPERLY!
Image below for LOLs

7EF0E254-EFF0-455A-817F-A398FD0DE046.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Not cleaning the inside or even washing the outside is not really an issue, but no loaner??? They don't even have uber here. Maybe they will have loaners for those who can't use uber. Even uber won't let me go to other places. I drive a round trip of 240 miles each week. Will they pay for that?