TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Service Centre Experience in Montreal

Discussion in 'Canada' started by iKhalid, May 21, 2014.

1. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Hello everyone,

I personally haven't been in a Tesla store or a service centre before as I bought my car over the phone from Toronto. So, I thought I would share my experience with you. I'v been owning my Model S for 40 days now and everything has been great so far despite the following minor issue that I had, because Tesla SC in Montreal exceeded my expectation and covered everything and more!

A few weeks ago, I emailed ownership for an issue I had with my panoramic roof and noted that I wanted to deal with the Montreal location because it's the closest from Ottawa. The issue is mentioned in here:
    Panoramic Roof Not Closing Completely | Forums | Tesla Motors

So I went yesterday for my appointment at 9:00AM but I was 45 minutes late due to the insane traffic. I gave them my car and I got a question that I was not expecting: Do you want to replace your windshield?
    I was really surprised because when I contacted ownership about it, it was forwarded to Toronto, but I declined the quote because my insurance wouldn't cover it (high deductible) and it's not distracting me while driving. I thought I would leave it until it gets worse; not to mentioned that I just bought the car and put a lot of money in the downpayment not far ago.
    Discussed here: A *Different* Cracked Windshield

I replied to the lady that I'm not going to now because of the above. I went back to my car to get my bag and noticed someone from the office following me aiming my car and specifically, my cracked windshield. I thought he just noticed it and wanted to know the story behind it. I told him briefly what happened then he replied that he read my email already and saw the pictures! He was checking the crack with a pen and noticed that the damage was done on the inner layer of the glass. He looked at me and said: it's your lucky day! We will replace it for you. Me ---> :biggrin:

I went inside and asked them if it was possible to install the under-shield (if time permits) and was told it was possible (even though I was late.) Me ---> :biggrin:

I was promised a car for the day but they didn't have a Tesla, so we walked to the Enterprise next door and I was given an Audi A4. I'm not sure why some people get upset for not having a Tesla loaner! I honestly didn't mind it given the fact that many people buy the loaners all the time, so I would expect them not to have many loaners onsite. And to satisfy me, Tesla is paying for my rental and it's not cheap.

I also bought the all weather mats and believe me, they are worth it! I bought the set plus the 3rd row footwell.

At 4:30PM, I was told that the car is fully charged and will be ready soon. I went back at 6:00PM and picked it up. (BTW, Montreal-Laval traffic is insane compared to the lovely city of Ottawa :rolleyes:)

I was really happy how everything went well and beyond my expectation. Think about it, 3 jobs in a few hours and their service had a lot of Teslas already! I'm really glad that I bought a Tesla! Great company, great people, and great founders! and great stock too:tongue:!

Off topic: Not counting the Teslas in the service centre, I saw 6 Teslas in Montreal in 1 day! And 1 more on my way back to Ottawa (Quebec plate) at 10:00PM. Good job Montreal!

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Audi A4. OMG. When I got an Enterprise loaner from Toronto it was an ancient Ford Fiesta with worn-out summer tires, in the middle of the biggest snowstorm of the year. Total fiasco. I posted about it at the time: Winter Ice Adventure

Yes, Quebec has lots of Teslas, probably in part due to their very low hydro rates.

3. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Hahaha, It was fun reading that post! But on enterprise's defence, that's the only car they had left :). Looking at the positive side, it added some fun factor to the story ;).

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

In retrospect it is funny. But in all seriousness, driving that car was terrifying.

5. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Indeed. Actually you had the courage to accept it; I know I wouldn't if I knew it had summer tires :).

----------------------

There is something I forgot to mention. The firmware was updated to .106 (if I'm not mistaken with the number) from .94.

6. Kalud

Kalud Member

Great story iKhalid, thanks for sharing!

I had the same excellent service in Montreal SC so far, they have good staff there!

7. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

I was there yesterday and I'm very happy with the service. They go the extra mile.

While I was there, a few brand new Model S's were unloaded.

8. GenericSpoon

GenericSpoon Member

That's what I was going to say. Hydro-Quebec's rates(in my case) are of about 8-10 cents/ kWh. Certainly a great place for EV owners.