TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Service (Columbus, OH) is Excellent

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by JakeP, Aug 10, 2013.

1. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

So I was on the list for new HPWC fuses, and received an email late Wednesday from Columbus Service that the fuses had arrived. Though I didn't need them urgently for my own purposes, I responded that a fellow TMC-er was making a trek on Friday from DC to Michigan, and was stopping at my place to use the 60A limited HPWC, as an improvement over 40A at a KOA. I asked if they could possibly get to me in time for his arrival, and was told that a Ranger could be there Friday morning.

Andrew arrived at 11:30, and we switched to the NEMA 14-50 while he upgraded us to the new horizontal fuses. We were charging at a full 80A in short order, shaving an hour off of the charge time for the traveling Tesla. For someone who has never seen a Supercharger, it is pretty exhilarating to see a mile per minute charge rate!

A very big thank you to Andrew, Doug, Dave and Danielle in Columbus for a tremendous turnaround, and for such a responsive attitude. The return trip charge will be even shorter, thanks to the new fuses!

2. Greg G

Greg G Member

As the fellow TMC-er who was making the trek, I agree. Thanks so much Jake!!