Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many people come on here to complain about Tesla Service. Here is my recent experience with the SC in Kitchener, Ontario.

About three weeks ago I was rear ended. Nothing bad, but it's a 6-week old Model 3, not my fault and I wanted it fixed. Immediately after being hit I took photos and uploaded them to the Tesla app. This was on a Saturday. I scheduled an appointment for the following Tuesday to have the car fixed. The next day (Sunday) Tesla got back to me with a repair estimate and said that they will need to push the appointment back to Nov 2nd as they need to order a part. No problem, my car still works. All communication between myself and Tesla was over text message, very convenient.

As it got closer to Nov 2nd, I received various text updates from the SC confirming my appointment and letting me know that the part had been delivered. They also confirmed that the repair would be done in one day, as I am driving 3 hours from out of town.

I arrived at the SC right on time for my appointment, and they were ready to go with no wait. They said it will take approx. 2 hours, and offered me a loaner when I said I was going to go out for lunch. It was a Model X (!!!!), which I was very excited to drive since the only Tesla I have ever driven is my Model 3. It was awesome. They notified me via the Tesla app when my car was ready to go.

The service was complete in under two hours, the cost was the same as their estimate, and I got my car back no worse for wear. It was a great overall experience. I am confident that for whatever I need in the future, the Kitchener SC will be there to help.

Great to hear you had a good experience.
People will usually post about bad experiences more than good ones.
Additionally, when it comes to service, the absolute best is often the expectation. So it's almost impossible to do better than expected, and it's tough to even reach the level expected by customers.

Additionally, and this is particularly true for me, you want to vent when you have a bad experience. Telling friends about a bad experience with a Tesla SC will often give me some "you should have thought about that before you bought one" bs. That makes me more likely to complain here, because fellow owners are more likely to say empathize.

So in summary, great to see some love going out to all the SC workers who do an awesome job every day.

Tesla seems to be a doing a good job in Canada -- since I've heard more than one positive experience from our friends up north.

And I'll bet a bucket of Kroners that things are good in Norway too.

So I finally have it all figured out. Tesla should hire a slew of Norwegians and Canadians to staff the Service Centers.

JD Power -- here we come...

Reactions: M109Rider
My point is proven. Here's a SC in Canada that seems to be doing a great job and spinning out happy customers.

If I worked for Musk (and lord knows I probably wouldn't last a week) I'd say OK - it's time to visit SC's in North America (like in Kitchener perhaps) to see what they're doing to take care of their customers.

I can almost predict what I would see. Positive culture. Pleasant sales and service advisers. Polite communication with customers. What a concept.

Elon... it really ain't that hard. You've got a lot of the engineering nailed - put on your big boy pants and run the rest of the company like a responsible adult.

My point is proven. Here's a SC in Canada that seems to be doing a great job and spinning out happy customers.

If I worked for Musk (and lord knows I probably wouldn't last a week) I'd say OK - it's time to visit SC's in North America (like in Kitchener perhaps) to see what they're doing to take care of their customers.

I can almost predict what I would see. Positive culture. Pleasant sales and service advisers. Polite communication with customers. What a concept.

Elon... it really ain't that hard. You've got a lot of the engineering nailed - put on your big boy pants and run the rest of the company like a responsible adult.

I agree with you, that duplicating the successful centres is a good place to start.

However, I will suggest that it’s impossible to please an entitled customer that wants out of warranty work done for free. Or for some reason feels Tesla should keep fixing everything for free for ever, because it’s the first $60,000 car they’ve ever bought.
I’ve seen a good amount of those types of demands and customers first hand, even while I’m waiting for my car.
Still agree with you that some centre’s are likely better than others.

I agree with you, that duplicating the successful centres is a good place to start.

However, I will suggest that it’s impossible to please an entitled customer that wants out of warranty work done for free. Or for some reason feels Tesla should keep fixing everything for free for ever, because it’s the first $60,000 car they’ve ever bought.
I’ve seen a good amount of those types of demands and customers first hand, even while I’m waiting for my car.
Still agree with you that some centre’s are likely better than others.
That's because they are centres... not centers. (You flippin' Canadians are so nice and congenial!)

• Funny
Reactions: M109Rider

This! When I arrived, the service adviser was ready right away and immediately asked me how my day was going. I did not have to ask for the loaner Model X, he offered it to me right away. These little things matter in the overall customer experience.

I have never... once... been offered a Tesla loaner since date of purchase in the Sacramento region. The first couple of years there was no need because of the speedy mobile rangers.

After that, when things turned into service center visits, no way.

The first time I asked they looked like I was speaking Tagalog.
The second time I asked, my new loaner car was an Uber.
It's been that way ever since.
Don't know about anyone else, but Uber + Covid = no thanks.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea