TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Service: #firstworldproblems rant

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kevincwelch, Feb 5, 2014.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

#1 kevincwelch, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    This defines cruel and unusual punishment.

Took my Model S (s85) in for its annual service today. They started off by being really nice: offering me coffee...asking me how things were going. They even asked me if I wanted one of those Tesla-branded neoprene fob holders. And then they started up with the waterboarding followed by the Chinese water torture: they offered me a P85+ loaner. Are you kidding me? There's 8 inches of snow out there!!! How am I supposed to enjoy this!?

On the other hand, I did get to test how the Pirelli 240 Sottozero tires compared to my Michelin Xi3 tires, and I am pleased that I bought the Xi3 tires. With the Pirelli tires, the traction control warning was lighting up very frequently, and this has not been the case with the Xi3 tires. There was also a lot more sliding and some swerving. Despite having a P85+, I wasn't driving it any differently given the conditions and the traffic.

Other observations: boy that alacantra liner is nice! This car (VIN 15xxx) had the lacewood yacht floor installed -- meh.

Anyway, they said they were going to get me an Enterprise rental, and this would have been more than generous (as they always have been). But, man, a P85+? Sigh...

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I had a similar experience a few months ago. I may have only had a P85, but what was the point with all the traffic.
    I had no running room anywhere on my entire commute.

3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

How rude... lol

4. JST

JST Active Member

I will trade you the cigarette-smoke drenched Toyota Avalon that I am driving while my car is in for service.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I, too, got a P85+ yesterday on 19's and snow tires. It's amazing the difference tires make. I had problems making it down my driveway whereas in my car I didn't have any issues even in worse snow. I've got blizzaks on Rials

6. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Thoughts and prayers.....

7. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

My partner took his 2010 Highlander Hybrid to Toyota for an inverter recall. They sent him home in a loaner Camry... oh the humanity.

8. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

If you think that's bad, there was a user who was chauffeured around while his S was in for service.

Dealerships are probably having a good laugh right now, "they treat their customers HOW?!, HAHAHA silly Tesla!"

9. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Considering I have my choice of a Prius or whatever Hyundai's hybrid is when I'm in for service, I'd take that P85+ and snow.

10. JPP

JPP Active Member

The Palo Alto (...read: corporate location) Service Center currently has only 1 Model S loaner which has been out with an owner for more than a week.....so don't complain.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Please send a note to ownership asking to have these loaners shipped to the Bellevue service center. They're out of loaners. I'd be happy to take the P85+ with slicks in 0F weather, given the option.

12. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

And Sunnyvale doesn't have any at all.

13. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Same with Burlingame. No more loaners for non-CA and non-WA service centers!! :tongue:

14. clea

clea Member

Can I interest you in just taking our snow?

15. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Send him the polar vortex instead. We need the water for ourselves.

16. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Who's complaining?

17. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

Yep I got a Hyundai Genisis that wreaked of a combination of cigarettes and black n' mild cigars. So cry me a river :biggrin:

18. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

What kind of snow tires were on the P85+ you got?

19. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

My god how am I coping. My P85 loaner doesn't preheat properly. I mean I cant tell it to preheat from the warmth of my office. I have to go outside and start it up. Oh the humanity!!!

20. rlang59

rlang59 Member

You can come get the Nissan Murano that I have to drive while mine is in for bluetooth issues.