TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla service for the 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by CVette, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CVette

CVette New Member

The nearest Tesla service center is 2 hours from me. As a potential model 3 owner, how would I get my Tesla serviced? With a ton of model 3 sales expected, maybe Tesla would open a new service center closer to me (Albany, NY). Just wondering what Tesla owners do now and if any other potential Tesla owners here have concerns about service.

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

If you get an early VIN 3, I would expect to have to make several visits to that service center. Tesla does offer a ranger service, but there is a mileage charge over a certain number of miles.

If the maintenance requirements stay the same as an S, you would also need to bring the car into the service center every 1 year or 12,500 miles whichever comes first.

I would check out the regional forum for your area to see what other owners are doing now.