Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service forgot to reconnect Hazard Lights and Glove Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my MS in for MCU2 upgrade and had connectivity issues. Took it back and service realized they forgot to connect the connectivity board. It now works but hazard lights and glove box do not! Pressing with button results in nothing. I’m guessing service had to unplug these to get to the connectivity board and forgot to reconnect. Any insight from the group is greatly appreciated.

Took my MS in for MCU2 upgrade and had connectivity issues. Took it back and service realized they forgot to connect the connectivity board. It now works but hazard lights and glove box do not!
When I did an LTE upgrade on my MCU1 years ago, I noticed months later that the emergency flasher button wasn't backlight at night and didn't turn on the flashers. Last year, when I pulled the MCU myself to send the daugherboard out to get its failed MMU replaced, yep, that button assembly was not connected.

DAMMIT. I am hoping this is something they can reconnect just by removing the side panel.

I went in for LTE upgrade / SD card swap / eMMC recall a few months ago and they broke the MCU while doing that, so I was upgraded to MCU2 for free. All wasn't great though, because they returned the car with the metal trim on the dash cover mangled. That necessitated another visit and a new dash cover (which has a slightly smoother texture now because my OEM cover texture was no longer available... fine, whatever).

After talking with another Tesla owner he mentioned the his 4-way flasher didn't work after MCU upgrade. It occurred to me that while I'd used the glove box recently, I probably hadn't used the flashers.... .... sure enough, they're not hooked up. Button is dark at night (I couldn't see it as the steering wheel blocks my view and my wife didn't notice) and the flashers don't activate.

Considering the drama with my dash cover the last time, plus the always lurking "we didn't do this, you have to pay" reputation for Tesla service mistakes... I'm really not enthused about sending the car back in but even less enthused about doing this myself.

Why don't they have a checklist for reassembly?? Why must we (the customers) have to check every damn thing they touch to make sure it's right??

I actually surprised my car passed its recent state inspection too... that should have been a fail.