Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service - Getting worse by the day....and weirder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. My first Tesla Model S was purchased in 2013 and the service was beyond great. Fast forward to now and my 2nd Tesla 2016 P100D MS where we see continually failing service with horrid processes. Right now my car is back in service with the "we don't know when we can get parts" response. Getting used to garbage like that from Tesla. What I find increasingly weird is the "only talk to us through the app" nonsense. So I do that. HOWEVER, when I ask questions that THEY do not want a written record of their response....THEY call ME. At one point I brought that up when the "app" said my car would be ready at "4 pm today"...but was not. NOW they want to deal on the phone telling me a mechanic, wait, excuse me, a "technician" was supposed to call me. What about the app documenting the progress. They mumble again that someone was "suppose to call me".

Every time I think the service cannot get any worse, they surprise me with new lows.
I agree. Having the same problem now. Tesla Svc has managed to create more problems on my Model S. At this stage I am escalating my complaints to Upper Management. Sigh...We shall see.

Yeah me too. More than two weeks to get an appointment; then more than a week before they even looked at it. Then when it was supposedly ready for pick up they forgot to actually put the frunk panels back together and all of them weren't even in the car. They are looking for them...

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
The only way Tesla will improve service is when it starts affecting car sales.

It's affecting car sales. First experience with my S in 2015 was the best of any manufacturer ever. Second experience with MXP was the worst ever. Had it been as good as the first, I'd have gladly plopped down $139K for an MSP. The only reason I did now is because of the massive price drop.

To speak to the regional manager, you may request the contact information from the service center. They are REQUIRED to give it to you! They can be fired if they do not. They usually, will, however, try and tip toe around and not provide that information. Be persistent!

Interesting that you think even if they provide the info that you'd actually get a response from the regional.

How do you do that these days?

What does that mean? Are you actually allowed to speak to someone of importance on the phone or in person? Just how high up? From what I could tell when I had my Tesla's, all escalations needed to be directed to a judge in small claims court.
Yes, you can actually make a formal complaint to the "Complaints and Concerns Department. My complaint went to a Regional Manager.

I did and the others I know that asked for our regional did, and very quickly too. Unfortunately due to NDA's, I can't give details.
Sounds like you've been there too. I received a response from Regional within the hour of escalating. But I must say, I will never buy another Tesla with the Service being what it is now. Not worth my time nor efforts.

Sounds like you've been there too. I received a response from Regional within the hour of escalating. But I must say, I will never buy another Tesla with the Service being what it is now. Not worth my time nor efforts.
While I wouldn't recommend posting the contact info publicly, as then they will get inundated with every little complaint possible, what is the first name of your areas regional? I'm curious if it's the same as the Midwest (if the one I dealt with is even still the Regional here). Midwest was Scott.