Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service getting worst and worst

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all people who wants to buy a Tesla I strongly recommend not to go for it - I used to be a big fan of tesla got a Model S 7 seaters 7 years ago and was super happy with the service.

For the third time in a row the service I received is not worst the price of the car I paid and you will pay !!!

Before customer was first and we were taken with respect and empathy - now you're not even a number !!!! Tesla does not want any human relation - not information is provided unless you go through the app and god know how inefficient it can be - if they do the courtesy of answering your message.

Then you call and finally talk to someone that patronize you like you're an imbecile who cannot use the app.

If you want high standard service go to local garage they can fix most of your tesla issues and the will take care of you.

My next electric car ... I am already looking at the competition - anyhow it is not worst the investment anymore given the increase of the price in the car and the fact that you do not have free charging anymore - Tesla mention they do not want to make money with the supercharger - I am having a hard time believing that.

Sorry Tesla ! You had me as a big fan - you lost me due to poor service and low clientèle standards....

Sorry to see you go. In 8 years with 3 Teslas, I've always had great service so it's not system-wide. Perhaps your local service center has problems. The app has always worked well for me, and I prefer it over some dealer who puts you on hold and is going to talk you into stuff you don't need or want.

On Superchargers, there is no way Tesla could afford to offer lifetime free Supercharging long term. It makes sense that users pay for what they use and those that don't use it shouldn't have to pay for it. No other car company offers lifetime free charging, and sadly, the DC charging systems competitors require you to use are clunky to use, if they even work. Anyway, just be aware if you think Tesla is bad, the competition is far worse.

Sorry to see you go. In 8 years with 3 Teslas, I've always had great service so it's not system-wide. Perhaps your local service center has problems. The app has always worked well for me, and I prefer it over some dealer who puts you on hold and is going to talk you into stuff you don't need or want.

On Superchargers, there is no way Tesla could afford to offer lifetime free Supercharging long term. It makes sense that users pay for what they use and those that don't use it shouldn't have to pay for it. No other car company offers lifetime free charging, and sadly, the DC charging systems competitors require you to use are clunky to use, if they even work. Anyway, just be aware if you think Tesla is bad, the competition is far worse.
If you car coming with free unlimited supercharger that will be with you for your car life until you car is totally or savage, even you replace Du or battery you still have it ,this coming with the car

I have friends who work at Tesla. They they service is Musk's #1 priority at the moment. So he's got the message. Give the man some time. He was successful in scaling up production, let's see if he can scale up service.
I wouldn't say it's their #1 priority:

In my personal experience, Tesla has not been the worst. People have some pretty bad experience with Tesla but you can find stories of this on any car forum. You should hear of my experience with BMW - after buying two X5's and and X3 on the same day.

The main issue with Tesla service is the inconsistency between centers. Mine is top notch and has been stellar to me. I have stopped at others that makes me want to hook up the supercharger to my nipples rather than work with them any further.

Reactions: father_of_6
In my personal experience, Tesla has not been the worst. People have some pretty bad experience with Tesla but you can find stories of this on any car forum. You should hear of my experience with BMW - after buying two X5's and and X3 on the same day.

The main issue with Tesla service is the inconsistency between centers. Mine is top notch and has been stellar to me. I have stopped at others that makes me want to hook up the supercharger to my nipples rather than work with them any further.

Yeah, people are people... and in my experience *many* people have become less kind to others since the events of 2020. Employers of all kinds are having difficulties hiring people, let alone reliable and good employees. I'm not trying to "let them off the hook" for their lack of service centers... certainly Tesla needs *many* more service centers to support the sales growth that they are experiencing.

My experiences at our closest service center have been good. The employees have always been kind and courteous, and I think the app is a good way to streamline things. My experiences at ICE dealerships for service have typically always been worse... someone always trying to sell me something, I have zero trust for their motives and abilities. At least at Tesla I don't expect them to upsell me to meet a quota.

Reactions: Inci Willard
Service at Tesla is so bad now, that I wish they would outsource servicing to third party dealers! At least I know I could talk to a live person over the phone, and get some real help before and during the repair.

I've had my car sitting on their lot multiple days over the last two service visits before the car was EVEN LOOKED AT. And it is only going to get worse as more cars hit the road each month. And they still haven't solved the QA issues coming off the assembly line.

Sorry, but after 7 years as a Tesla fanboy, my next EV will be from another brand.

Service at Tesla is so bad now, that I wish they would outsource servicing to third party dealers! At least I know I could talk to a live person over the phone, and get some real help before and during the repair.

I've had my car sitting on their lot multiple days over the last two service visits before the car was EVEN LOOKED AT. And it is only going to get worse as more cars hit the road each month. And they still haven't solved the QA issues coming off the assembly line.

Sorry, but after 7 years as a Tesla fanboy, my next EV will be from another brand.

don't forget all those sweet Uber credits instead of a loan car so you can feel extra poor. Maybe they can throw in some city bus passes too?

Service may be bad or good, which can be and often is the case with most other brands, too. Your service center may be having employee problems right now, but the biggest problem may be that Teslas have few moving parts, never require oil changes, radiator checks, etc,, etc., so service personnel get less chance to work on the cars. I personally have owned four Teslas in ten years, and none of them have required service over that time. Who takes their car in for service, anyway?? What are you servicing?? I think people get so used to servicing their gas cars they think they need to service their Tesla as well. Nope.

Buying an EV from another brand will likely get you more time at your service center, not less. None of the other brands have the experience with electrics, and all of them want to sell you one of their gas cars, which need more service, a prime money-maker. I've owned a bunch of cars over my short life, from Dodges to Chevys to Toyotas, and my Tesla beats them all. I don't plan to own anything else now. Why should I? My car uses a fourth of the energy of a gas car. and I fill up in my garage, not a "service station". It goes super quick, I get free supercharging on a trip (just came back from a 1500-mile jaunt), and it looks stunning.... Oh, and it requires near-zero maintenance.

No complaints about service so far for me although have barely needed.

In my opinion Tesla should offer some sort of concierge service for a yearly fee. The service guarantees you handholding and to speak with someone immediately when there is a concern. They could check in with you quarterly to see if there are any issues they can facilitate. Maybe even have a certain concierge assigned to you so you can build a relationship.

Some people are extroverted and just want this kind of service rather than the impersonal and low-feedback nature of app service. I suspect a sizable percentage of Tesla owners would elect for a concierge service to piggyback on the current service center service; and it could become a nice profit center for Tesla. One size does not fit all.

Reactions: Propofoln
I have friends who work at Tesla. They they service is Musk's #1 priority at the moment. So he's got the message. Give the man some time. He was successful in scaling up production, let's see if he can scale up service.
Don't know who your friends are but I have not heard similar.

Personally this is my second one and the service in last 6months is horrible. I am having an issue with rear seat trim and they have canceled 4 appointments. I made appointment in early August and they just delayed it for the 4th time to Sept 26.