TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Service in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ICUDoc, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I was getting some gardening done, and the skip left in my driveway made access to my charger at home impossible. So I went to Artarmon for free juice.
    While Tesla Swift was on the Supercharger, I asked if a tech could do the seatbelt check. Yes, all done in 2 minutes.
    "while you're here" I said , "my passenger door handle makes a little squeaking sound- can you have a look?"
    The tech said it needed an adjustment.
    In the next few days, I got a phone call and two emails from Jesse in service. They collected my car from work, did the adjustment, returned it nicely washed and vacuumed.
    And the drivers were friendly, polite blokes who were happy to chat about Tesla.
    Bloody fantastic service. They've raised the bar- I hope they can keep it up!!!!!
    Thanks Jesse et al for the perfect service experience.

2. ColinA

ColinA Member

That is great to hear!! Perhaps this is the start a "Great Service" thread. I think it will get plenty of posts!

3. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I've always gotten great services from Nathan and the crew in Richmond....and I can be a trying customer at times.

-ECIT

4. alpal

alpal Member

I wholeheartedly reinforce the above statement. My experience with Melbourne's service squad has never been short of excellent. They have always gone the extra mile for me.

5. paulp

paulp Member

I agree, they are fantastic. The level of service from tesla is definately setting new standards.

6. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

Only occasion that I needed any service was today. I had a persistent left rear tire pressure warning at 2.9 bar. I went to the servo & put air in. Still persisted so I rang the helpline. The tech, he sounded Swiss but I guess he was in the US, knew immediately & said you need a bit more air…45 psi as it turns out. So efficient and it was obvious he knew the car inside out by the immediate response. Everyone at Tesla is like that.

7. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

All my tyres start off at 2.8/2.9 bar and when warm display 3.2 bar or thereabouts. I don't get any warning. Have the standard tyres/rims.

8. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

Mine was actually a slow leak or puncture. I just used the Tesla inflation kit which worked well but that's obviously just so I can get to a tire shop for a proper repair.

9. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I got a map update overnight. Streamed and installed for free, gently and automatically while I slept.
    Nice!
    By the way, I though the maps were all streamed Google maps, so I don't know how or why we would ever need a map update???
    Good service, nonetheless :)

10. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

The map in the centre screen is via Google Maos but the turn by turn directions are given by a Navigon system which is a bit old.
    If you ever come north over the bridge and need to turn left on Falcon Street the instructions refer to an intersection arrangement that hasn't existed for some years.

11. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Wow, so the instructions come from a different database from the one the pictures come from??? Bizarre!!!!