Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service in Roswell GA, Refused to align door or trim due to stickers on trim, how to fight them? 2023 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Articus

Jan 14, 2023
ATL
2023 Model Y Performance.

Tesla service at Roswell GA, Refused to align door or trim due to stickers on trim, how to fight them?

I am having multiple issues since I took a delivery back in November 2022 (Paid full $69k price)
One of the issues: drivers door misalign and blowing air on my upper arm.
They tried to adjust it several times, and refused to fixed it with lame excuse over the stickers that I put on bright wood trim panels.
How to fight them?
There service advisers just two kids, who's making fun of the client's.
Any way to contact a region upper level support, I never had any problems like that in past with my other vehicle's service centers.
Should I trigger a lemon law, 3+ attempts already, plus they can't fix my other issues ( I will make a separate post on that.)
Please check pictures (left and right side comparison) and see if I am crazy, driving $69k vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    519.7 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0053.PNG
    IMG_0053.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0054.PNG
    IMG_0054.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0055.PNG
    IMG_0055.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0056.PNG
    IMG_0056.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 277
  • ghfgyhg.png
    ghfgyhg.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 280

Attachments

• bhjvhg.png
    bhjvhg.png
    71 KB · Views: 247
  • yuiuyiuy.png
    yuiuyiuy.png
    67 KB · Views: 210
  • gyytur.png
    gyytur.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 238
I see nothing wrong on the interior.

The exterior door panel alignment is something they can fix though. Even Mobile service can do it.
Agreed the external door is fixable. Mine had similar issue and Tesla sent it to a body shop because my liftgate needed aligning too and they lacked proper space and equipment for a liftgate alignment. Car came back perfect.

That is a lame answer - the chrome bands should match and I have now seen three of these recent deliveries and they all have that problem. I have not been to the SC since I think my own mismatch is less severe and I don't want to waste the time to go over there and probably get a mediocre response. And I half suspect the cure might be worse than the problem. Self defeating, I know.

Reactions: J Neptune
I see nothing wrong on the interior.

The exterior door panel alignment is something they can fix though. Even Mobile service can do it.
Are you working at the tesla SC the OP is going to. Lol

I have couple trim issues and was told it was within the tesla specs. My Y has a trim gap where the driver side door/wind shield column is. On the passenger perfect, driver side I can almost put a phone charge wire through it. I can push it but only to come back. Was told it was within specs. Even

Hopefully OP can get his issues resolved. It sucks to have these issues. A 20k used car from carmax has better fit and finish

Reactions: pipestem
The only problem you're trying to fix is the alignment of the door with the exterior rocker panel trim? If so, I think Tesla misunderstood what you wanted fixed and thought you were talking about the alignment of the interior door trim, and it's understandable for them to not want to fix a part you've messed with.

Reactions: richyrich
On the interior pictures, I am not sure what the issue is? My 2023 MYLR looks like that too but my concern was the uneven gaps between the door panel and dashboard on both sides. The driver side gap is wider than the passenger side. I have an appointment next week and will see what they say.

A lot of Porsche or other super car owners do the same to their cars with custom wraps and carbon wraps, etc.
But why. Put some amazon stickers on faking on some carbon fiber? So do Honda and Toyota owners. It’s not carbon wrap. It’s a sticker with a carbon fiber image. It cheapens the car. I like to see who puts amazon, made in China stickers on their super cars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

Let just be real

2023 Model Y Performance.

Tesla service at Roswell GA, Refused to align door or trim due to stickers on trim, how to fight them?

I am having multiple issues since I took a delivery back in November 2022 (Paid full $69k price)
One of the issues: drivers door misalign and blowing air on my upper arm.
They tried to adjust it several times, and refused to fixed it with lame excuse over the stickers that I put on bright wood trim panels.
How to fight them?
There service advisers just two kids, who's making fun of the client's.
Any way to contact a region upper level support, I never had any problems like that in past with my other vehicle's service centers.
Should I trigger a lemon law, 3+ attempts already, plus they can't fix my other issues ( I will make a separate post on that.)
Please check pictures (left and right side comparison) and see if I am crazy, driving $69k vehicle.
The interior door trim)silver or grey strip looks right. It’s not bmw or Lexus right, but it’s how my car is

But why. Put some amazon stickers on faking on some carbon fiber? So do Honda and Toyota owners. It’s not carbon wrap. It’s a sticker with a carbon fiber image. It cheapens the car. I like to see who puts amazon, made in China stickers on their super cars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

Let just be real

If you dont like it, thats fine, but I am going to ask you to stop making fun of others here, and by "ask" I mean "with my moderator hat on".

Reactions: ODWms