Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service is DEFNITELY Improving!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
In the past, I would see some posts on TMC about poor experiences owners have had at their local service center. I figure not as many people post when they have a positive experience. So that is why I decided to share with everyone that I had a very positive experience at my local service center this week.

I made an appointment through the Tesla app to have several maintenance issues (tire rotation, cabin air filter, etc) and a couple of minor service issues (headlights coming on during the day, alarm going off when I turn on the AC with sentry mode on). Prior to the appointment, a Tesla service rep called me to ask me detailed questions about my concerns. He called me on a Sunday, which alone scored points with me. I got an appointment at my local Service Center with minimal wait. Yesterday, I dropped off the car at 12:30pm and had assumed I would have to leave it there overnight. At 4:45pm, I got a notification that my car was ready for pic up. Since I already paid for the maintenance items through the app and since they did not need my key to access the car, I was able to take an Uber over the SC and picked up my car after hours. I even found it connected to a destination charger, so my battery was topped off.

Thank you to Luke and the entire team at the Van Nuys, CA Service Center!

Last edited:
My car is at the service center for the first time (fixing things that weren’t OK when taking delivery and bunch of rattles). Car is still there, everyone was super friendly and I just checked the app and it seems someone is working on it at 11pm?! Doors keep opening and closing and AC is on. Shows in service. Guess they’re working really hard to get everything done within less than 48h.

In the past, I would see some posts on TMC about poor experiences owners have had at their local service center. I figure not as many people post when they have a positive experience. So that is why I decided to share with everyone that I had a very positive experience at my local service center this week.

I made an appointment through the Tesla app to have several maintenance issues (tire rotation, cabin air filter, etc) and a couple of minor service issues (headlights coming on during the day, alarm going off when I turn on the AC with sentry mode on). Prior to the appointment, a Tesla service rep called me to ask me detailed questions about my concerns. He called me on a Sunday, which alone scored points with me. I got an appointment at my local Service Center with minimal wait. Yesterday, I dropped off the car at 12:30pm and had assumed I would have to leave it there overnight. At 4:45pm, I got a notification that my car was ready for pic up. Since I already paid for the maintenance items through the app and since they did not need my key to access the car, I was able to take an Uber over the SC and picked up my car after hours. I even found it connected to a destination charger, so my battery was topped off.

Thank you to Luke and the entire team at the Van Nuys, CA Service Center!
That’s great news. - yes there are more bad service comments to read then good ones - as I wait for my M3. - my delayed deliver date of December is same as if I ordered today not 3 months ago ? Anyone know why ?

Wow!, Got a service call this morning (Sunday) from TESLA. He had been trying to get to me for days and my ROBOCALLER had been kicking him out.
He talked with me for about 20 minutes. Wow again. I had some freon put in the 2014 S several weeks ago and now I still get the AC Warning:
Air Conditioning Decreased/DC/Supercharging may also be decreased. He said that it could be a result of several issues, but most likely the compressors. I told him that I had the car up for sale and didn't want to short-change the new owner. He recommended selling it to Car-Rite across the street from TESLA.

I told him I would probably give the new owner a credit off the price in case the issue came up again. He was nice enough to send me a tailored estimate for my vehicle for the compressor replacement at $1783.16. Wow again. That's service. I have actually decided to get the air compressor replaced before selling the vehicle.

My 2022 YP will be my 7th TELSA, and regardless of whether it is road service or service in Orlando or Merritt, Island, FL, it has been nothing short of amazing. All under warranty.
1) Orlando - Heard a hum in my first 2014 Model S. Recorded it. Sent it to Fremont. Replaced the motor at 35k miles a week before I sold it.
2) Orlando - Model X2018 Stopped charging at 17k miles. Had 63 miles left. Orlando service center was 78 miles away. Drove slowly (50) in the slow lane and still got a lot of fingers. Arrived with 3 miles to spare. Got a loaner and had a new battery installed in three days.
3) Orlando - Model X Raven 2019. Ludicrous software hadn't been released when I picked up the vehicle. Invited to race with Brooks at Drag Times at Palm Beach International Raceway. Got to Tesla when they opened at 0900. They called the engineers in CA and got them out of bed. Downloaded the software and that after noon I set what world record for the quickest SUV at the PBIR track besting the Lamborghini Urus!
4) Merritt Island - Great mobile service on the 2021 Model Y at my office while I work. Great service on my tweener car, the 2014 Model S

Go Tesla SERVICE!!! Makes me never want to own ANY other type of EV. Accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy

Reactions: alangold
I’m in the promotional business so always have pens - post it pads etc to give the service reps - they apppreciate
Now that's a great idea. I usually name them and write positive comments on the service review. I do remember giving them Grimaldi's chocolate-covered potato chips which drew a load of smiles from the service reps and the sales associates. I had forgotten that. You can actually order these and they are seriously addictive. I do all my holiday shopping in one stop at the store and mail-outs online. "Chips 'N Chocolate" Chocolate covered Potato Chips - Grimaldi Candy To die for.

Reactions: alangold
Now that's a great idea. I usually name them and write positive comments on the service review. I do remember giving them Grimaldi's chocolate-covered potato chips which drew a load of smiles from the service reps and the sales associates. I had forgotten that. You can actually order these and they are seriously addictive. I do all my holiday shopping in one stop at the store and mail-outs online. "Chips 'N Chocolate" Chocolate covered Potato Chips - Grimaldi Candy To die for.
That’s cool 😎