Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service is Sub-optimal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the Toronto Lawrence SC today due to some panel and paint issues. They sent me to Excellence Auto Collision in Scarborough. I went over to the body shop and showed the issues to the advisor and they booked me for an appointment next week. The concerns I have aren't very pressing and I booked a appointment for near the end of July.

Same. Biggest paint issue I had was trunk lip was misaligned, causing scratches on the bumper (there were 3 other smaller paint issues that I found).

I picked up the car June 1st (didn't find the paint issues until June 5), called Lawrence SC on the 6th, got in touch with Excellence on the 8th, dropped off the car on the 12th, picked it up 13th (yesterday). Process was great, everything was taken care of.

I needed the paint issues taken care of asap as I needed to get it into GetDetailed for PFF.

I would say my experience with Tesla, from delivery, to sales and service care has been smooth and good (considering mass delivery, etc).

I'm glad you're feeling that you deserve to be treated at a scale lower than the S/X owners. I believe the opposite, considering that the labour rate charged to all customers is the same at Tesla. Porsche customers charge and treat all their customers evenly, whether they buy a $75K used model or a new $400,000 911. Mercedes-Benz charge their Smart car customers the same as their top-feeders too, and respond to service issues without discriminating among the various "classes". The same at BMW. I can tell you this because I have owned a wide cross-section of "classes" of models made by all these marques. These manufacturers are the direct competitors of Tesla, and have demonstrated that their customers are treated at the same level and thus their businesses continue to thrive.

@noicepls I agree with your belief and position that any Model 3 owner should be treated the same as a Model S or X owner, however I have not experienced this myself. I would also love to have a loaner Tesla vehicle while my Model 3 was being serviced.

I don't feel that I deserve to be treated at a scale lower. What I do know, because I asked directly what the service policy was, is that if/when I take my Model 3 to service, a loaner will be provided by Enterprise. To the best of my knowledge, Enterprise is not going to provide me with a Tesla vehicle.

I applaud those who demand superlative/comparable service. I look forward to those days when all Tesla owners are treated with the same level of service. Perhaps those days will be next week. I don't know, and I'm not holding my breath.

If other Model 3 owners report that they are receiving Tesla loaner vehicles during a prolonged service visit in Canada, I will also demand the same treatment. Please let us know when you or others have service done what vehicles you receive...

@noicepls I agree with your belief and position that any Model 3 owner should be treated the same as a Model S or X owner, however I have not experienced this myself. I would also love to have a loaner Tesla vehicle while my Model 3 was being serviced.

I don't feel that I deserve to be treated at a scale lower. What I do know, because I asked directly what the service policy was, is that if/when I take my Model 3 to service, a loaner will be provided by Enterprise. To the best of my knowledge, Enterprise is not going to provide me with a Tesla vehicle.

I applaud those who demand superlative/comparable service. I look forward to those days when all Tesla owners are treated with the same level of service. Perhaps those days will be next week. I don't know, and I'm not holding my breath.

If other Model 3 owners report that they are receiving Tesla loaner vehicles during a prolonged service visit in Canada, I will also demand the same treatment. Please let us know when you or others have service done what vehicles you receive...

Just curious to know if you would get a BMW loaner or Porsche loaner every time your vehicle was in service??? My experience said no. In most case you will get a rental vehicle. I believe everyone was treated with the same level of service which was you must take care of your self.

So why must Tesla be different? Why can't they give you a rental vehicle when they only have a limited number of loaners? I am an X owner and the SC always tell me I may get a loaner or a rental vehicle. They can't guarantee it. The problem here is not wherever you own a model 3 or S/X, it is the limited number of loaners that are available at each SC.

Just curious to know if you would get a BMW loaner or Porsche loaner every time your vehicle was in service??? My experience said no. In most case you will get a rental vehicle. I believe everyone was treated with the same level of service which was you must take care of your self.

So why must Tesla be different? Why can't they give you a rental vehicle when they only have a limited number of loaners? I am an X owner and the SC always tell me I may get a loaner or a rental vehicle. They can't guarantee it. The problem here is not wherever you own a model 3 or S/X, it is the limited number of loaners that are available at each SC.

Last time I took my 3 there for checking the A/C , they told me that I will get a Mercedes loaner. But ended up they found nothing wrong and let me go .

Last time I took my 3 there for checking the A/C , they told me that I will get a Mercedes loaner. But ended up they found nothing wrong and let me go .

In my previous post, I meant when you were at BMW/ Porches dealership for service, you would likely get a rental vehicle (not the same brand BWM or Porches as your own vehicle)

Btw, my experience with Tesla SC was good so far. They came to my house to pick up my vehicle (and drop off a Tesla loaner) and then came to my workplace to swap the vehicle when service was done.

In my previous post, I meant when you were at BMW/ Porches dealership for service, you would likely get a rental vehicle (not the same brand BWM or Porches as your own vehicle)

Btw, my experience with Tesla SC was good so far. They came to my house to pick up my vehicle (and drop off a Tesla loaner) and then came to my workplace to swap the vehicle when service was done.

At Porsche dealers I was always given a Porsche loaner (such as a Cayenne or even a Panamera Hybrid) if the repairs were for a warranty related item. After warranty, I had to arrange way in advance (three to four weeks) prior to the service appointment to get a loaner at all. They also picked up my car and dropped it off at no extra charge if I wished, as I was out of town. This was also the case at my M-B dealer. At BMW (this was many years ago) a loaner was arranged, but could have been any make or model.

Obviously you're a bit upset right now but in fairness, just like me you knew when you bought the car that there's no service center here in Ottawa at the moment so it's kinda weird to damn the whole company and their service strategy when nothing changed since you decided to buy.

A service center would be nice but Montreal is only 2h away and I've heard they will give you a car if they have to keep it. As for adding 200,000 kms to your car just for servicing, I'm in the far west end of Ottawa and it's 224km for me to the Rue Ferrier service center? Also bear in mind (as I'm sure you know) the car doesn't need a whole lot of servicing. Hopefully once you're through the new car hiccups you won't even need to go very often, if at all.

I do believe some of the service centers are open Saturdays but not sure about Montreal. It's not a bad place to visit this time of year - maybe pack up the family and make an adventure of it?

Hopefully we do get an Ottawa SC eventually but I got the service facilities I expected when I paid my $$$ and I'm loving the vehicle. I'm willing to give Tesla some leeway given the huge disruption they're undertaking. It leaves us on the bleeding edge of the owner experience (which I also totally expected) but I think it's worth it. I'd go buy a Volt or a Bolt if I wanted the same-old purchase and service experience from the same old slimy companies trying to persist the status-quo.

they taking my Tesla for weeks and give me a Rent a Wreck that consumes gasolina
Tesla doesn't answer questions with straight direct answers
Tesla employees now throw each other under buses

Er... OK.

Back on topic, there is now a "lite" service center in Ottawa.
Hello

We will replace the pack, with a working one from the factory, legally we cannot comment on more details then that.

I will continue the current warranty, NOT restart a new one.

Thank you, we will our best to get it done ASAP please keep in mind shipping delays

Thank you , we will update you as soon as we have more info

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
they don't wanna do all items in one visit at the same SC?
Come on.....Yes You Will!

Thank you for reaching out to Montreal service, we cannot add the additional tasks to your repair order, as we are not prepped for this nor are parts Available in our inventory , we will do the battery pack as Ottawa service is not able to, the rest of the repair will be done with Ottawa Service center.

Thank you for your understanding