Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Kudos - Extended Warranty Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just received our 4+ year old S85 back from service. Some may remember that we had bubbling/delamination of our center screen. They checked it, and evidently there are 2 fixes - some can get by with just the glass changed, but others need the entire center screen changed. Mine was the later, and the center said it would have been almost $3000, but with my extended warranty, it cost me $200.

While in they replaced my driver's seat under warranty, which was ordered before the warranty ran out but had to be ordered. Something in the lumbar area broke, and they had to replace the entire seat.

The drive unit has a squeal which they will be replacing under warranty as soon as one comes in, but is OK to drive they said. Evidently the drive units are back ordered at this time.

Everything else was gone over and checked, software updated, and the car drives like a dream.

Still drinking the TESLA coolaid after 4 years!!

Except for the squeal in the drive unit. :)
Yes you certainly are :)

...I now...I know...;)
I was speaking to the Tesla representative, and we were talking about customers. He said that they are starting to see 2 distinct groups...those of us (like you and me) who have been around and are committed to the brand, and the second group which is the people who just want a car with the latest and greatest things.