Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Nottingham - Sigh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I booked into the new Nottingham service centre a few weeks ago to have a cracked rear screen and squeaking driver's seat repaired - both warranty jobs. The appointment was for this Friday morning. I asked for the use of a loan car and they advised they would allocate one to my appointment. If there were any issues with the loaner, they would advise. I wouldn't normally expect a loaner but in this case, it's a warrantly job, inconvenient and they can't tell me how long they might need my car. It can't be that tricky can it?

Today I received a text confirming the appointment and a request to approve repairs (zero cost as warranty issues).

All set I thought, but having read about quite a few issues related to questionable organisation at the service centres, I thought I'd make a quick check to see that all was well with the loaner. "No sir, we don't have a loan car available for you so we'll need to re-schedule". Errrm but you said there would be one and no message to the contrary?! "Sorry sir".

I'm not keen on taking Uber vouchers just at the moment even if its offered, so I guess it's back in the queue. Sigh 😒

How did you get on with crack. How did they know crack was warranty and not an impact. Mine has no impact sign, tho I B slightly dented the wheel arch when I rubbed against another car Bri slowly recently. Could they blame that😬

How did you get on with crack. How did they know crack was warranty and not an impact. Mine has no impact sign, tho I B slightly dented the wheel arch when I rubbed against another car Bri slowly recently. Could they blame that😬
First appointment was a mess, job not done as the replacement glass was sub standard apparently. Waited 3 or 4 weeks and then the job was completed under warranty at a second visit. They didn't try to claim it was impact damage and seemed to know about the issue with some early deliveries. They left a bunch of sealant on the inside of the glass but I managed to remove it.

Hopefully you should be OK if there is no external damage.