Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service on 2017 MS gets blown off!

galvatron

Mar 15, 2020
WA
Heh, interesting. I think that’s new?
Used to be $2500 for everyone, and then I thought it was $1500 for everyone, and now $1500/$2000 dependent on AP setup.
Yeah, I think they quietly snuck this in. It was indeed $2500 for everyone, then $1500 for everyone, and now only the AP1 cars get it for $1500.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
That said, if you can get them to verify that the MCU issue you're having falls within the NHTSA recall, then they're supposed to give you an additional discount off the $1500.

I haven't heard that anywhere. What they have said is that if you had the MCU issue verified, while out of warranty, and upgraded to MCU2 to resolve it, before the recall, that you would possibly get some reimbursement for upgrade cost.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC