Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Palo Alto is Great

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a wonderful service visit today when I dropped my car off, and just wanted to share the experience.

I wasn't supper happy with the ongoing issue of my rear audio being out, but the last visit and this visit Tesla has taken good care of me both times. I just had to speak up because I see so many bad service stories.

Tesla replaced my HW3.0 computer about 18 months ago, after I started having issues with the USB hub. After a couple of service visits they couldn't fix the issue, so they replaced my computer at my gentle urging and the issues went away.

Fast forward to about 8 months ago, and the rear audio stopped working entirely. I had been used to the 2 button reset or HV contactor reset to fix this, but nothing has brought back the audio in months. When I took it into service they indicated that it was a software issue, because the audio worked fine in service mode. They indicated I needed to wait 1-2 updates to see if the software fix would happen.

2 updates later I still don't have rear sound and made another appointment to take care of this. I let them know that from my perspective, this was a warranty issue, as the computer replaced less than a year ago, doesn't make sound come out for me. I asked them to replace the computer, but they haven't agreed yet.

Regardless, they gave me a loaner dual motor, which has Autopilot enabled (with NoA) as well as tinted windows. I really wasn't looking forward to driving my ICE honda all week and also get rides to pickup and dropoff. Instead, my drive home was glorious and I feel well taken care of as a customer, even if they aren't always able to fix my issue right away.

Reactions: MrMcFast