Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service requiring new tires to get service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what the Tesla policy is for getting service work done?

I brought my car back in because of loud squeaking and creaking noises over every bump and steering wheel turn since a few weeks ago when Tesla changed out most of the front suspension components. However, this time, they refused to take the car for a test drive around the block, and consequently, not taking a look at the issue.

Their reason being that my front tires are between 4/32 and 5/32 of tread depth. I mean, it’s not even close to the west bars.

So, how come they took my car in last time I was there just a few weeks ago?

I’m at a loss for words and not sure who to speak with about this. The service manager, two techs, my service advisor, and the front attendant who checks in cars in total spent at least 20 minutes discussing my tires.

Like literally, the sound of my suspension is enough that they can replicate it while driving around their parking lot into the shop.

Edit: Tires are OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 tires (yea, not a new X).

Attachments

• 540C16E6-7580-40C9-A615-816B51C0C00F.jpeg
    540C16E6-7580-40C9-A615-816B51C0C00F.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 2F2B8FA0-66C6-4717-ABDE-05262FD9E068.jpeg
    2F2B8FA0-66C6-4717-ABDE-05262FD9E068.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Jesus. The bottom line is 4/32 can be unsafe to drive and Tesla doesn’t want to deal with the liability. Not sure why you seem surprised by this.
Yea, it’s unsafe to drive with 4/32 tread depth.
Who knows when that tire will pop and explode while driving around the service center neighborhood where the max speed limit at any point is 30mph. In sunny 75 degree weather.

So, you change your tires when it gets down to 6/32 or so? Lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: golfpilot and glide
Yea, it’s unsafe to drive with 4/32 tread depth.
Who knows when that tire will pop and explode while driving around the service center neighborhood where the max speed limit at any point is 30mph. In sunny 75 degree weather.

So, you change your tires when it gets down to 6/32 or so? Lol.
I don’t know why you’re arguing with me. Go argue with Tesla.

You asked why they won’t service your vehicle. That’s probably why.

• Funny
Reactions: TespaceX