Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Rocks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I'll keep this post short and sweet. Some of you might remember me posting about my wind noise issues on my late model 2019... After reading some posts here and seeing the replies, I was feeling horrible about my "so to be service appointment". Truth be told, many folks here had me preparing for battle. With that said, I spent a lot of time taping off my windows and trying to help figure out where the noise was coming from.

Service Day: I filled in service as to what trouble-shooting I performed, and they said no problem. An hour later they came back and said "yes, we've identified an excessive amount of wind noise and would like to keep your car for the day". Long story short they adjusted both of my front windows and eliminated the wind noise problem.

Of course, you still hear wind...you're in a car driving fast, but it's not gushing in through the window seals anymore.

My final point, is I think people like to complain here a lot, but not share their positive experiences with Tesla service.

The service alone would make me want to buy another Tesla. No lie - nothing short of fantastic. Good job, Tesla!!!!

Report back when you need something more involved than them pressing the window switches up and down to calibrate the windows.

They had to adjust the windows towards the back of the vehicle. I assure you it was much more involved than hitting a switch. Also, I've had a few appointments with my 3 and X, all of which have been A+. I'm sorry others haven't experienced the same fantastic service I have!

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy and AZAV8R
I was thinking back to all of my Tesla Service center visits.... and realized I have not had any. That is my favorite kind of service!

(Note I had a mobile service 2x, one for a rattle and second for my HW3 upgrade, I agree A+)

Very nice...unfortunately I think we mostly want to run to the forums when we are upset. MUCH less likely to make a posting about a positive experience.

Mobile service is A+, Service Center is definitely a hit or miss depending on the tech you get assigned

True, but I think it also helps to have a conversation with these service guys. I'm not a soccer mom who bought a Tesla because it makes me look fancy when I drop the kids off at school. Perhaps the Tech's realize I'm a Tesla geek when I speak their language.

I've had 3 (2 mobile and 1 SC) services experiences in 1 year of ownership. They were all pleasant and up to par with what I would expect from any major car manufacturer's service. The option of mobile service for the stuff that doesn't need 2 techs or a lift is an added bonus.

congrats on getting a loaner. here it is uber credit and that can be for days.... sucks if you live farther away and uber during a pandemic isn't particularly safe either

at our centers, they have a sane policy: 1 day service gets Uber credits. Things planned as overnight get loaners. Really great policy - works well IMO.

I’ve had excellent experiences at both Paramus and Springfield NJ service centers. They’ve done right by me, always.

In Atlanta, the Mobile service is top notch (6 visits). Also the Decatur SC is also top notch (4 visits)! I took delivery in April 2018 so there were some issues (all minor) at first. I got the HW3 upgrade and replaced a control arm at the SC. The only weird thing is I am on my 3rd driver side headlight! And my last mobile visit was to fix wind noise due to that triangle piece of plastic located by the mirror. It was protruding out and you could definitely tell it was a noise problem.

at our centers, they have a sane policy: 1 day service gets Uber credits. Things planned as overnight get loaners. Really great policy - works well IMO.

I’ve had excellent experiences at both Paramus and Springfield NJ service centers. They’ve done right by me, always.
I’ve had good experience with the actual visits at both of these places, but I just had to book an appointment for a noise that’s getting worse at Springfield and the earliest appt is 30 days out? Unacceptable... coming from Lexus I could get in the same day and out with a loaner. Tesla really needs to continue to focus on having enough service centers to assist customers. As a one car family bc of the pandemic, we can’t buy a second car just to keep around when the Tesla may need service...