Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service ruined my paint!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share a photo of my paint after Tesla Service told me I would receive my car with a “light polish” because they’re replacing my carbon fiber spoiler. It’s kind of laughable how unprofessional some of their personnel is… this is amature work right here—take a look at the attached photo. Look at the halos on my trunk. I think they were going for a holographic effect lol.

Totally unacceptable. Ironically, I picked up my car from an appointment for some other initial Tesla paint corrections (as this was a new vehicle) that they sent over to a body shop. Not only did they swirl and hologram the hell out of the paint, but they also decided to leave additional large scratches on the passenger door panels and hood. Luckily, I caught all these additional damages at the service center before they blame me as responsible if I had taken it home.

To add a cherry on top, the service center also previously chipped paint around my rear taillight in order to remove some adhesive and scratched the rear bumper (all of which the body shop also had to correct).

I just am still laughing at the horrible job and mess they made on my trunk. WTF, seriously!??

After a discussion with my advisor on how this was not acceptable, I am taking it back on Monday.

Attachments

• D4040B5A-EC9D-455F-82DE-5401EFE9DCDB.jpeg
    D4040B5A-EC9D-455F-82DE-5401EFE9DCDB.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 451
  • 446A5795-724A-4E21-9AF7-10599363AC34.jpeg
    446A5795-724A-4E21-9AF7-10599363AC34.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 367
Reactions: TLLMRRJ