Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service says my Tesla Model S 2013 60 kw Main battery needs to be replaced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the track might land us some Tropical Storm to Tropical Depression type winds/rains.

Should be fine, though. Not super concerned. Shop is a solid brick building with some steel structures built around it, everything indoors. I really don't see much happening to this building or anything from tropical storm wind.

On the personal side, just getting any loose stuff outside put away and/or tied up and secured later today is pretty much all we can do.

Storm expected tomorrow night through Sunday I believe.

View attachment 858174

for the crew at @wk057, stay safe.

Last edited:
I had the 75kw battery a week ,first I was getting only 208 miles range like a 60kw battery because Tesla California limited me to 60kw until payments were cleared , it was paid a week ago , then I sent email to Tesla to open my battery pack to 75kw then now I'm getting 214-5 miles range. Whats the range on your 75kw battery?
Does your car now say it is a 75 on the screens? or does it still say it is a 60? My 2013 60 is at tesla for a new battery and they said I will get the first available, either a 75 or a 90 battery...and just wondering if it will still say its a 60 or not...no big deal, but thinking for resale it might be nice if it said it was the larger (yes I can show the invoice showing the new battery..but if the screens say the bigger version, it would be nice).

Reactions: zoomer0056
Does your car now say it is a 75 on the screens? or does it still say it is a 60? My 2013 60 is at tesla for a new battery and they said I will get the first available, either a 75 or a 90 battery...and just wondering if it will still say its a 60 or not...no big deal, but thinking for resale it might be nice if it said it was the larger (yes I can show the invoice showing the new battery..but if the screens say the bigger version, it would be nice).
Today I finally got my pack replaced from 60 to 75. After many debates with different techs saying I will get a 75 but capped at 60, which is not what I was originally offered, they finally accepted and uncapped the pack for the full 75kWh. I gained around 43 miles of range. Make absolutelly sure they DO NOT cap the pack to 60. Get it in writing in the chat. I was offered a 75kWh for $13k or a 90kWh for $17k. I went with the 75 and made sure before accepting the quote the pack was uncapped. The car now says 75 in the car and also in the app.

Today I finally got my pack replaced from 60 to 75. After many debates with different techs saying I will get a 75 but capped at 60, which is not what I was originally offered, they finally accepted and uncapped the pack for the full 75kWh. I gained around 43 miles of range. Make absolutelly sure they DO NOT cap the pack to 60. Get it in writing in the chat. I was offered a 75kWh for $13k or a 90kWh for $17k. I went with the 75 and made sure before accepting the quote the pack was uncapped. The car now says 75 in the car and also in the app.
Thank you for the response! I kind of lucked out...because I bought the car a few months ago and it had just received a replacement 60 battery from Tesla in April of 2022. I was stunned when getting my mcu2 upgrade and they called and said an error came up and it needed a new hv battery...they quoted me 18k for a new one. I explained it just had a new battery from Tesla 6 months ago, and he looked it up and said the new one would be under warranty (because the replacement battery has a 4 year/50k mile warranty)...but that they don't offer the 60 as a replacement anymore (invoice from April shows it was 10k for a 60), so since they dont offer the 60 anymore, I would get a 75 or 90 (he said whichever came in first) under warranty. I chalk that up as a win! I don't have anything in the chat about it being uncapped, because he just called me about it...but I'll make sure to do it when we do start messaging through the app.