Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service: SC says they will charge 0.5 hour diagnostic fee for vibrations, noise issues - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fixed a service appointment today for the rubber trims in the driver side door are hanging loose and coming out quite often. There is an additional soft whirring noise from the driver door at certain times as well. The noise increases with speed but is not silent either when stopped. Happens randomly. So, fixed an appt to have the SC take a look at both the issues.

SC got back stating that they will charge a 0.5 hour free for diagnostic fee and will waive it if the root cause is a defect in material or workmanship. This is the first I have heard of this. Anyone else experience this ?

• Total miles on the car: 5K miles
  • 2019 Raven
  • Warranty doesn't expire until 2023

Fixed a service appointment today for the rubber trims in the driver side door are hanging loose and coming out quite often. There is an additional soft whirring noise from the driver door at certain times as well. The noise increases with speed but is not silent either when stopped. Happens randomly. So, fixed an appt to have the SC take a look at both the issues.

SC got back stating that they will charge a 0.5 hour free for diagnostic fee and will waive it if the root cause is a defect in material or workmanship. This is the first I have heard of this. Anyone else experience this ?

• Total miles on the car: 5K miles
  • 2019 Raven
  • Warranty doesn't expire until 2023

It seems reasonable to me. Are you suggesting it is not?

Reactions: johnking
It seems reasonable to me. Are you suggesting it is not?

Not exactly sure if it is reasonable as Tesla cars are not the quietest on the freeway (and this is my 2nd Tesla). It has been getting better as the years go by. My BMW X3 is quieter on the freeway than my X.

I think this suddenly takes away the friendly approach that the service centers have been having so far in customer engagement. I just felt it was more like do not come unless you have proof. In my case, I have sent them pictures of the dangling rubber trims but still it suddenly felt weird !

Had a similar issue with my X. Assorted concerns were quoted as potential $300 charges. They ended up covering each under warranty for a 0 charge.

Had the same hanging rubber trims. They re-glued them properly at service call.

Overall have had good service on my X. Feel that they are very fair in their charges.

Much less service has been needed on my X than any previous ICE vehicle.

Reactions: johnking