Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service smashed my P85 bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are making me nervous. I'm supposed to get a new bumper and frunk hood. The body shop assured me they can mix the paint to match the exact blue, metallic sparkles and all.

Good news and bad news.

Good news -- I needed a new front bumper (side was scratched while parking) and the color match was done perfectly. It's like hiroshy said: you need to use the best paint shop in town. Fortunately for me, the Tesla Rockville MD service center recommends Euro Pros Collision in Gaithersburg, and they do an excellent job.

Bad news -- I damaged the bumper again (after parking front end in, I backed out to exit. Unbeknownst to me, the curb that the front bumper was over had a short (1 1/2 inch) stub of rebar sticking up that had snagged the bumper, which ripped away from the car as I backed up.

This happened on August 16. The shop wrote its estimate on Aug 20, and Firemans Fund approved it and cut me a check on August 21. Now the rub--it is September 11 (moment of silence) and the shop still hasn't received the parts from Tesla. That's 22 days from approval. Seems like a long time to me. What do you think? Anyone else out there have a long wait for Tesla OEM parts before?