Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service - still a complete joke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new Model Y on 7/20 and I'll be getting my first experience with Tesla service after only nine days as the heat pump/AC failed on 7/29, the hottest day in recorded history in Pasco, WA. Interior temp of the car reached 121 degrees which prompted me to Tweet Elon and ask him how to turn off "Sauna Mode". I have to drive 3 hours to Spokane, WA to a Tesla Service Center "Lite". Anybody familiar with that?
Tweeting Elon will not solve your car's issues and faster. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt and GreenT
Lol, “you knew what you were getting” is now the response?

Good grief, we sound like the short-seller/Big Auto from 5 years ago- “Don’t buy Tesla if you’re interested in quality build and good service. Don’t buy Tesla unless you live close to one of their few S.C.”.

No, the response is, it's not their prerogative where you live, and it's not their concern your hourly rate.

No, the response is, it's not their prerogative where you live, and it's not their concern your hourly rate.

Yes, and they’re making that crystal clear. Their marketing and gimmicks may be getting them a lot of new customers, but they will soon find they will not keep their current customers if their service/support does not immensely improve to at least bring them to the same level as their competitors.

I have lost count of the number of people I have had tell me they are no longer interested in Tesla (coming from Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Cadillac, etc.) after sharing my experiences with Tesla so far. Word of mouth is just as powerful as my refusal to buy another Tesla.

Their cars are cool and it was a dream of mine 8 years ago to own one when I saw the Model S, but after only a year of ownership I can tell you I will never do this to myself again.

Reactions: InternetDude
Are you being intentionally obtuse as you don’t have a real response, or actually struggling to comprehend that you’re inherently making the same argument that Tesla haters have made for years?

Perhaps you and the Shorts are correct, and Tesla is limited to niche buyers around their limited SC, at least until robo taxis are mainstream.

Reactions: idealdreams
Are you being intentionally obtuse as you don’t have a real response, or actually struggling to comprehend that you’re inherently making the same argument that Tesla haters have made for years?

Perhaps you and the Shorts are correct, and Tesla is limited to niche buyers around their limited SC, at least until robo taxis are mainstream.

I am not curious about yours or other people's financial interest.

* Buyers who knowingly purchase something with servicing point that is far away, risk it.... being far away
* There is thin grounds for aguing "Tesla should only sell cars within a radius where they can service it". They will service cars... but its not their obligation to retrieve the car.

It makes no difference to my life if you or other people love or hate Tesla. I dont know why you love to make it so personal.

Reactions: focher
Come-on! I'm a day one reservation holder, a stock holder and have talked up Tesla to everyone who would listen.
However first pass quality and after delivery service are their achilles heel.
They need to do better, and the service demands would be half of today's workload if they were delivered the cars correct from the factory. Mobile service is great when it's available for remote areas, or easier repairs, but Tesla hasn't invested enough in these areas. Elon you build a fantastic vehicle, but your not "world class" and should do better.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
1. As a Director in upper level management, yes. I work in an industry that is known to be "essential."
2. This one might be hard to comprehend but I'll try it anyways. Step 1. Drop off my car to service center after hours during the week (since they are not offering Saturday service appointments). Step 2. Pick up loaner vehicle. Step 3. Drive back home and give Tesla however long they want/need to diagnose and repair the issue with my car. Step 4. Return the loaner vehicle and pick up my car. Yes, this way requires I spend more time in the car than may need be, but very much outweighs the risk of Tesla not being able to repair my car while I wait at the service center and also mitigates the fact that there are no Saturday appointments available.
3. Yes, there are serious customer services issues at Tesla. Fixed that for you.
4. Instead of acknowledging how far behind the eight ball Tesla stands compared to Audi, Mercedes, BMW, etc. in the service light, you choose to blindly defend Tesla in discounting the issue I'm facing. I bet you tell all your friends how cool and edgy Elon Musk is, too.

I've been a part of a lot of auto forums over the years but I have to say, I've never encountered such a blind level of denialism than I have with the fanboys who defend Tesla. "Chill out man. You can't be mad at Tesla for not having even basic service options. You chose to spend $50,000 on your car, you should have moved closer to a service center before you pulled the trigger." If Tesla can only manage to service cars within an x mile radius of their service centers, they should only sell their cars within that same distance. That logic makes zero sense.
That is about the most straw man post you could have written. I argued none of what you assert I argued.

If you want your anecdote to be considered data, you're going to have to do better. I've had all of the brands you mention as superior service. I have stories of bad experiences with each of them. I also have stories of good experiences. Same with Tesla. However, your complaint essentially comes down to 1) the SC is far away (a fact you knew at purchase) and 2) Tesla won't provide a loaner (which is true for other manufacturers, and varies greatly dealer-to-dealer).

Sorry, I'll just have to remain unsympathetic to your specific experience. If that means I'm a Tesla apologist or a Musk fanboy in your view, I'll take it ... mostly because it's just ridiculous and easy to dismiss.

I can't speak to Tesla service, but I have had the same issue for the past couple weeks (though I haven't noticed it in the past few days). I'm curious what your results end up being.
I had this with my Aug 2019 Model 3. They said it was the suspension arm if I recall correctly🤔, sounded like a squeaky spring when I in front left corner of the car when applied brakes. They replaced it free under warranty, 2 or 3 hours.