Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Sucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to believe Tesla sells cars.

Two months ago Tesla called and said you can pick up your Tesla Mod. S HP in two days, please sent us the money.

1. Sent cash $144,156.73 that day
2. Next day Tesla not ready will call you
3. Four days later I call "where is my Tesla?" Hmm needs a software update
4. Three days later "Wheres my Tesla ?" Still needs software update
5. Two weeks later "Wheres my Tesla ?" Ohh part missing on the dash
6. Two days later Tesla says "You can wait two-four weeks for part or we can cancel the Vin and order you another one." I Will put you first in line.
7. "Can I have my money back till I get it? C.S. says it's a 60-day wait time
8. I call Tesla two weeks later. "Wheres my Tesla" ?' It is still in Alabama waiting for transit.
9. I ask C.S. if they have an ETA?
10. "NO".....CLICK

What do you do?---Who can you talk to?---Can you even imagine what my wife and I have gone through in the last two months?
This has been pure HELL

Maybe I did this discussion too soon because I'm out over $144K and STILL NO TESLA

Two months ago Tesla called and said you can pick up your Tesla Mod. S HP in two days, please sent us the money.

6. Two days later Tesla says "You can wait two-four weeks for part or we can cancel the Vin and order you another one." I Will put you first in line.
8. I call Tesla two weeks later. "Wheres my Tesla" ?' It is still in Alabama waiting for transit.
10. "NO".....CLICK

What do you do?---Who can you talk to?---Can you even imagine what my wife and I have gone through in the last two months?
This has been pure HELL

Maybe I did this discussion too soon because I'm out over $144K and STILL NO TESLA
This is, sadly, par for the course.

Best advice I could give is DO NOT pay them until you are taking delivery.

That being said, you will get your vehicle. But when? Who knows. Who can you speak with about it? No one. Unless you have a powerfully influential social media account to tweet at Elon directly.

But don’t despair, competition is coming.

Tesla always asks for money on orders, even before the VIN and car are even produced. Unfortunately, you sent them money, and on other posts of mine, I have mentioned that if you decline the car, or never get it, it can take months for Tesla to return any money you have sent to them. They will take a check after you see and approve the car. This doesn't help you, and what a horrible experience. The Tesla store telling you these things should explain what they were enticing you into. Since the amounts are too much for small claims court, you would need to go higher. Get the local Tesla dealer to offer you some compensation, accessories, or service, or a loaner, or something. Surely they have an explanation for being such liars, other than they are Tesla. They either had your car or they didn't. Where did your car go? Where did your money go? They should have answers. Report Tesla to the BBB.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMPd

10. "NO".....CLICK

This has been pure HELL

If you buy a car from them, the only policy to follow is no car, no money.

When they asked me to wire money in advance, I completely balked at that idea. I said I will bring a check with me and they can accept the check when I accept the car, which I will inspect prior to driving it off the lot. I would not have budged on my "no car no money" policy.

Reactions: electricar and AMPd
Your closest Tesla dealer. If you are talking about an order, anyone who answers can help. They are not commissioned and all have the same access to check on orders and change orders. I had a person assigned my order that I got an email from, but never did reach her or talk with her until after I got my car. Everyone else answered my questions. She was always busy or on the phone.

Last edited:
You closest Tesla dealer. If you are talking about an order, anyone who answers can help. They are not commissioned and all have the same access to check on orders and change orders. I had a person assigned my order that I got an email from, but never did reach her or talk with her until after I got my car. Everyone else answered my questions. She was always busy or on the phone.
Gotcha. Thx!

10. "NO".....CLICK

This has been pure HELL

A few questions,

What is Model S HP?
What do you mean by you sent cash? My transaction was carried out by Plaid service. No money transferred until 3 days after I took delivery.
What is your VIN#?
When you say customer service, who do you mean exactly, your sales advisor, your delivery team, or generic phone support?
Your description of events doesn't really match with the delivery process.

• Disagree
Reactions: AMPd and glide
How do you disagree with questions meant to clarify?
You click the button.

Seriously though, feels like you’re more interested in victim-blaming than clarifying.

Tesla is well known to take full payment upfront, not deliver a vehicle, and then leave the customer in the lurch to figure out how to obtain a refund or a car. I have no doubt that OP’s story is legit.

Most people refer to their car correctly as a Long Range or Plaid Model S. So is mod. S HP just a weird typo? Ok….

“sent cash that day” devoid of accurate detail. Made payment, completed transaction, made an ACH transfer. Ok, so maybe it’s a paraphrase

“Tesla called” again devoid of specifics. Tesla corporate called me once to ask if I’d take wood. My Sales Associate called to check on me. Delivery Advisor from pick up location called me to schedule date. These are all details that matter. Maybe just continuing to paraphrase.

Which car is still in Alabama? the original or the next matched one?

No, I’m not a victim blamer but the op left me full of unanswered questions.