Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service: Talk to the Mechanic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would add a suggestion for providing the ultimate service for Tesla customers.

One thing I dislike about getting a car serviced at a traditional dealership/garage is not easily being able to talk to the mechanic directly. I think it should be a given that the mechanic will give you the low down on what was done to service your car. Especially for more invasive and complicated procedures.

I liken this to going to a surgeon, after all the customers who buy a Model S hold them very dear to their hearts. After surgery, who wants to get second hand information on how it went from the administrator? Not me because sometimes they don't know all the details and often get them wrong. Or, you ask a question and they don't know, so they have to go ask the mechanic anyways. After my car is serviced let me talk to the mechanic by default so I can get first hand detailed information on what was done and get on my way.

What do people think?

Last edited:
Tesla is already doing this.....when they brought my car home, the tech that delivered it was also the mechanic and went over everything he did to my car. I also had a similar experience when a Ranger came to my house to replace a failed door handle.

Ok. You get to talk to the mechanic when you get ranger service. But what about at the Service Centre. My experience at the Toronto Service Centre has been fairly good, but talking to the mechanic was something you needed to ask for.

I think it should be standard practise to be debriefed by the person who worked on your car. Maybe this is already happening at other service centres?

Ok. You get to talk to the mechanic when you get ranger service. But what about at the Service Centre. My experience at the Toronto Service Centre has been fairly good, but talking to the mechanic was something you needed to ask for.

I think it should be standard practise to be debriefed by the person who worked on your car. Maybe this is already happening at other service centres?

I've always talked to the Tesla person who worked on the car at the service centre. Not that there has been all that much work to do.