Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service - Tampa sets the bar!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to pass on my thanks to Mark and the service gang in Tampa. Kudos to the Orlando staff too. Here is my story.

Last week I had the dreaded 12 volt low voltage message come up. I notified the new Orlando store, and they came out that afternoon to replace the 12 volt battery. Due to the fact that the Orlando store is not "officially" opened for business at the location, they are sending out trucks for service. Unfortunately, two days later the same thing happened. I called the Orlando store, and they cam back out on a Saturday afternoon to replace the battery, check everything, and update the firmware to 5.8. I noticed that the charge of the main battery was still low on Sunday morning. I called the Orlando store on Monday after driving to work, and they said that they thought the battery would need to reset the mileage, but were not sure and would check on it. Saturday evening when I left to go home from work ... nothing worked and the car was dead. I was unable to get in touch with the Orlando center, so I called Tampa, who had always done my service. This was at 5:15pm. They immediately got Mark, the manager, on the phone and he went over the car via the computer. He looked at everything, and said I had a bad cell in my main battery (the big one) that looked like it started on November 5th (according to the logs), and he would need to replace the main battery. He went on to explain that if the car senses a bad cell in the main battery, it stops charging itself - including the 12 volt battery. Evidently, I had been draining down the 12 volt batteries due to the bad cell. Now it is about 5:30 and Mark says: "I can be there with a loaner in about 2 hours". WOW! Now granted I was not excited about being stranded at work at the end of a long day, but what customer service!

At 7:30 they arrived, exchanged cars on the trailer, and left to go back to Tampa.

While there they replaced the main battery pack, and performed several service updates on the car. This morning Jake returned the car all washed with a new battery back.

Granted, it was not ideal that the battery pack went out, but talk about customer service!

It is great to have a car without anything going wrong, but one judges a company by how they stand behind the product, and provide customer service. Kudos to TESLA and the Tampa staff. Since the Orlando store is not up and fully running, they could have said we will send for the car tomorrow. But that did not happen - they came out that evening!

Thanks!

Great post Rob, Carolyn and I think Tampa Tesla, Mark and the whole crew are exemplary. This is the way major purchases should be treated and serviced. We have been accustomed to the reverse from car dealers for so long that we are SCHOCKED when treated the way Tampa Tesla treats us. It is a very difficult path for Tesla, with all the detractors out there hoping they fail that it only enforces our resolve to support them. Only Tesla owners know the truth of the product and the dedicated service behind it, we will be Tesla owners forever.