Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service [tesla not swapping winter tires for summer tires]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My few dealings with calling Tesla service have been frustrating. I don't know who I get on the phone but they don't seem to know very much and are eager to get me off the phone.
My most recent phone call was to ask if I could book an appointment to get my snow tires swapped for the all season tires. I was told that Tesla does not do that, nor do they send the mobile truck to do it at your home. I was instructed to go get it done at a tire shop. They stated that they no longer provide that service as they are too short staffed and prefer to deal with service problems.
I was surprised that I have been passed on to a tire shop and stated that I always thought that they would take care of that for me. I also stated that I was reluctant to go to a tire shop for fear that the battery could get damaged if they don't know how to jack up a Tesla. Service told me I would be fine and suggested some tire shops.
Has anyone else found this?

Read your manual about using car lifts. Then buy the required lift puck and take them with you to the tire shop in case they don't have them. Print a copy of the instructions for the tire shop. This will save you time and money. I've had my tires patched, balanced and rotated a couple of times at two different tire stores with no hassle or problems or waste of time trying to talk to Tesla.

My few dealings with calling Tesla service have been frustrating. I don't know who I get on the phone but they don't seem to know very much and are eager to get me off the phone.
My most recent phone call was to ask if I could book an appointment to get my snow tires swapped for the all season tires. I was told that Tesla does not do that, nor do they send the mobile truck to do it at your home. I was instructed to go get it done at a tire shop. They stated that they no longer provide that service as they are too short staffed and prefer to deal with service problems.
I was surprised that I have been passed on to a tire shop and stated that I always thought that they would take care of that for me. I also stated that I was reluctant to go to a tire shop for fear that the battery could get damaged if they don't know how to jack up a Tesla. Service told me I would be fine and suggested some tire shops.
Mobile Service was offering these swaps as of last year.

I wouldn’t trust anything someone on the phone at a Tesla call center says. Make a service appointment in the app. There is no reason they shouldn’t be able to handle this request. It’s not your fault their vehicles chew through tires, require dedicated sets based on seasons, or that they aren’t staffed appropriately.

Mobile Service was offering these swaps as of last year.

I wouldn’t trust anything someone on the phone at a Tesla call center says. Make a service appointment in the app. There is no reason they shouldn’t be able to handle this request. It’s not your fault their vehicles chew through tires, require dedicated sets based on seasons, or that they aren’t staffed appropriately.
Do you want the tire/wheel assemblies switched, or the tires switched to the one set of wheels?

Big difference.

First scenario is easy. You may a friend that could do it for you (but be careful to jack up your Tesla properly).

Second one requires a tire mounting machine, and a balancing machine.