Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service thumbs up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not all but many of the post on this forum relate a negative service experience. Mine is the opposite.

In 5 days I'll celebrate the one year anniversary of ownership of a 2016 model S 75D. And yes I do consider it a celebration. The car has been rock solid. Is it perfect? Of course not but then what is. I've experienced vertually none of the many issues reported on TMC. Yes, there is a very slight yellow border around the MCU, hard for my old eyes to see. Yes I think cosmetic is a valid description as I have no seen any impact on function. Do I think Tesla should replace it under warranty. Absolutely.
Now, finally, my service experience. My first contact with Tesla service or a service center was just after TesStar was registered in my account. Visited service center to obtain service records. My car had two visits. One to be uncorked and one for annual service. They replaced wiper blades and fob batteries. That was it until I took ownership. My first experience was for the airbag recall. They came and replaced in my driveway. My wife on the other hand spent most of the day at the dealership for her airbag replacement.
Now we get to my first actual contact with service for an issue with my car. Last Wednesday I noticed LTE was connecting and then disconnecting every 30 seconds or so. The app wouldn't connect and NoA, Slacker and Spotify and voice controls seemed to be effected. I scheduled an appointment on the app. On Thursday I received a text asking for additional information. On Friday they texted asking when the car would be connected to WiFi as an engineer wanted to look at some logs. On Monday they texted asking me to see if the problem had been corrected. It was. What other car company does that? All is once again working as it should. I think they deserve a big atta boy. Well done Tesla service. Of course YMMV but I hope my experience becomes the norm.

I agree that people don't write about a lot of positive experiences because the expectation is that it will be smooth, when Tesla deviates from the norm that is when you see lot of concerns raised.

One of the other reason you would see is that Tesla Service Advisers are not well trained in dealing with issues rather outright lying or pleading ignorance. In your example Yellow Screen border - UV Treatment (Available/Not Available), Considered a Defect in Quality (If my cell phone shows yellow borders and if its warranty it goes to be manufacturer, same here),etc .etc..

One of the biggest surprises for me with Tesla is how they queue up service visits - you reserve 2 weeks out, for a 2 hr job and they keep the car for 3 days and give UBER credits.. I don't know how else to express dissatisfaction around this.

Reactions: Tezlowski
I have our Tesla’s serviced at West Palm Beach SC. I have been very happy with almost every visit I have made there. I honestly think that some of the issues stem from HQ and the way they are setting up service appointments. My reps are always in contact with me and I always get a loaner. Maybe because I was pretty demanding initially, but I feel my treatment and experience have been overall very good there.

I would like to say that my experiences with the service center in Austin have been great. They have been wonderful and very helpful with my visits for service.
One visit they were out of loaner cars and offered Uber credits (but I didn't need them). The last time I dropped off my car for service, they surprised me with a loaner car.

Reactions: Alset4S
I have our Tesla’s serviced at West Palm Beach SC. I have been very happy with almost every visit I have made there. I honestly think that some of the issues stem from HQ and the way they are setting up service appointments. My reps are always in contact with me and I always get a loaner. Maybe because I was pretty demanding initially, but I feel my treatment and experience have been overall very good there

Same place West Palm Beach, same here always a loaner, I made that clear from day one, don't even try anything else on me. They have been great and lately they send mobile Service, even better. As they have said to me, none of this stuff you have on this list is that big of a deal, we will correct it, but its not huge. It never is and I hope it stays that way. Car is rock solid, would jump in it tomorrow for 15K mile trip without doing a thing, okay, I would maybe air up the tires if needed, add water to wipers reservoir.

Last Wednesday I noticed LTE was connecting and then disconnecting

I could not connect to WiFi for months, mobile service escalated to a tech and one day it was fine shortly thereafter.

Then we have the AC, I owned the car for 3 years thinking man this AC when its really hot on short trips, it just does not push air that hard in range mode or out of it.
Clicking started under dash almost 3 years later. Send vid to mobile service, he says thats your AC mixing actuator is failed or failing. I told him well its a funny thing now my AC works like it never had ever. Blasting cold air out at me in 92 degree heat outside I had to turn it down a bit.

Actuator not only failed, but it was out of time from the factory. So when I was asking for recirc it was almost nothing or very little. Now with new Actuator its as good as when it was broken. I knew the AC had to be better then that from P85 loaner I had it was gushing air at me.

Service is great, with the AC though I wished they had noticed that sooner. I still have no reason to not give them complete thumbs up. They have warned me though, if your keeping that car they highly recommend I buy the extended warranty to get another 4 years or 50k miles.

• Love
Reactions: Tezlowski
I have had a couple visits from our local Ranger, but never met him/her due to never being home. This in itself is pretty nifty, not having to take the car & arrange for transport.

Yesterday we had the car at the Fresno service center for some "recall" work, I use quotes because this was manufacturer initiated. Again, pretty nifty to have them reach out and do preventive maintenance before something failed. Good communication by text, and they made special effort to accommodate my schedule. It's true that some of the contacts there have seemed poorly trained or unmotivated but by far the majority of interactions have been positive.

We will need a new windshield as soon as this star we got last month blossoms out, and I'm hoping they can do the work. The previous windshield had to be replaced at a local shop who did a fine job but it was a bit of a pain working out the insurance payment. Yes, we will soon be on our 3rd windshield... :(