Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Uber Voucher Cancelled Prior to Picking Up Vehicle?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just happened, trying to figure out the best approach.

Service appointment was scheduled for yesterday morning, Friday 07August. Arrived on time, but there were no loaners so using Uber credits. Advisor stated "we probably won't finish this today, its possible a tech may finish it on Saturday, but expect to not have the car available until Monday." The Uber voucher amount reflected four days (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon). The advisor did have me set up PIN to Drive, saying "a few techs come in on Saturdays; if they finish it, we'll put the key in the car, you can unlock with your phone and PIN to Drive to start it, as there will be no advisors here that day."

Friday, 4:55 pm, get the Tesla app message that the car's service has been completed. Service closes at 5 pm, service center is an hour away, had plans for the evening, so couldn't get the vehicle.

Saturday AM, the voucher's still available, make plans to go pick up the vehicle in the evening, and bring it home with evening meal.

Saturday PM (aka 10 min ago) - go to order the Uber, voucher canceled by Tesla.

I've already sent an in-app message, but the advisor stated on Friday that he would not see any Friday afternoon or weekend messages until mid-day Monday. The current Uber cost is $100; high enough that I don't want to eat the cost to go get the car, and low enough that Tesla probably won't make an effort to reimburse it.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Fun update #1: recruited someone to drive me up to get the car this morning. Arrive to find no key in car, PIN to Drive not enabled!

Currently sitting in the car deciding if it's less hassle just driving the car back via keyless app driving and trying to get them to mail my fob, or just leave it here and try to get another Uber voucher and confirm they actually put the key in the car via app messaging.

I doubt they would issue any refunds. They would likely give you a $100 credit for future service or purchase. Have them mail your key, or bring it to you, or give it to an uber driver to bring it to you. BUT, what if it really isn't finished? :)

Reactions: brkaus
I doubt they would issue any refunds. They would likely give you a $100 credit for future service or purchase. Have them mail your key, or bring it to you, or give it to an uber driver to bring it to you. BUT, what if it really isn't finished? :)
I agree they won't issue a refund; since they were performing the eMMC recall and finishing a previously paid repair - it was a $0 service visit!

My new working theory is the Uber vouchers are auto-cancelled 24 hrs after the vehicle is marked "ready for pick up" in the system. Because the tech marked their work finished right at closing time, the service advisor likely left for the day without seeing the update and didn't know to put the key in the car.

If true, all of this happened in the absence of an employee. Very on point for Tesla.

You made things complicated for yourself. If you notice Uber voucher got cancelled before the pick-up time, just call the service center and they would extend or re-activate the Uber voucher for another day. Simple.

If you notice Uber voucher got cancelled before the pick-up time, just call message the service center and they would extend or re-activate the Uber voucher for another day. Simple.
This turned out to not be true. Also, I modified your comment to reflect the service center phone number, even during business hours and after the system recognized my phone number was tied to a vehicle currently in for service, just directed me to voicemail.

On Sunday, I decided to leave the vehicle, since the cost of a replacement keyfob if things went amiss (lost in service center, lost in mail, lost by Uber) would be more than the cost of a ride to go get the car and keyfob at the same time.

I had not gotten a response Monday by noon (the suggested response time per the advisor), so I sent a follow-up message, asking for confirmation the keyfob was in the car and a new Uber voucher was available (I would not be able to arrive during business hours). I got a response shortly before closing, "Uber vouchers expire 24 hours after the repairs are marked complete, but I will make sure the car is ready for touchless pickup." Then the app showed the trunk was opened (probably an errant keyfob hit when putting in the car).

Because of the open trunk, despite having no updated/refreshed Uber voucher, I decided to go get it that night instead of waiting to see if I'd get a response/voucher on Tuesday. Got a short notice friendly ride by agreeing to pay for dinner (half the cost of an Uber). The trunk was down but WAS unlatched when I arrived. Would anyone have known they could have gotten into the vehicle? Not sure. But the repairs were completed and now both car and keyfob are at home.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
This just happened, trying to figure out the best approach.

Service appointment was scheduled for yesterday morning, Friday 07August. Arrived on time, but there were no loaners so using Uber credits. Advisor stated "we probably won't finish this today, its possible a tech may finish it on Saturday, but expect to not have the car available until Monday." The Uber voucher amount reflected four days (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon). The advisor did have me set up PIN to Drive, saying "a few techs come in on Saturdays; if they finish it, we'll put the key in the car, you can unlock with your phone and PIN to Drive to start it, as there will be no advisors here that day."

Friday, 4:55 pm, get the Tesla app message that the car's service has been completed. Service closes at 5 pm, service center is an hour away, had plans for the evening, so couldn't get the vehicle.

Saturday AM, the voucher's still available, make plans to go pick up the vehicle in the evening, and bring it home with evening meal.

Saturday PM (aka 10 min ago) - go to order the Uber, voucher canceled by Tesla.

I've already sent an in-app message, but the advisor stated on Friday that he would not see any Friday afternoon or weekend messages until mid-day Monday. The current Uber cost is $100; high enough that I don't want to eat the cost to go get the car, and low enough that Tesla probably won't make an effort to reimburse it.

Anyone had a similar issue?
I have the same issue now. What did you do to resolve?