Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Unable To Generate Invoice Post Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. This is my first post here. And I’m a proud new owner of a 2020 Tesla Model S Long Range Plus.

Just a few days before Thanksgiving here in Los Angeles, I had a service issue worked on and completed at the Burbank Service facility. Had an MCU replaced due to an issue with my fobs communicating properly with the car. The service team was super attentive and helpful in diagnosing and fixing the issue. The advisor called and told me the car was ready for pickup and I was able to swap the loaner for my car quickly and easily. I expected at this point for my service appointment to be closed out and receive an invoice with the explanation of work completed.

The following day, i noticed that i lost access to my car in the Tesla app and still hadn’t received my final invoice.

Here i am many days later, still with no final invoice, but more importantly, i still have no app access for my vehicle. Tesla Service says they can’t ‘generate’ the invoice and that it’s due to a parts inventory issue. I really want my app access back and to the put the issue behind me officially in addition to having the proper documentation of my issue in writing. I expected this issue to be cleared within 24 hours - but it has been 4 days now. Has anyone else experienced an extreme lag in closing out a service appointment? This seems a little janky and unprofessional to me.

It doesn’t appear in service mode AND doesn’t appear in the app. I am unable to send messages in the app. Here is a screenshot.

31726475-7E1B-4720-9E23-6AC29DEA2919.png

2DCE335C-5858-44AC-A53F-808F82E47BDA.jpeg

This is all i see currently in the app. And have had my car now for 3+ days.

Upvote 0
If the car doesn't appear at all, that's a different issue and service can't help with that. You'll need to contact Tesla Support to get that resolved. Once your car shows up in the app, it should stay there as long as you own it, regardless of what service does. I assume you're using the same Tesla account you were using before the problem occurred.

One thing to try before contacting Support is logging out of the app and then back in. That has been known to fix issues. If that doesn't work, try force quitting the app and relaunching it. Once the problem is resolved, you should be able to access the invoice.

Upvote 0
I have force quit and relaunched. Removed the app and re-downloaded it. Re-logged in multiple times. Nothing seems to work with these attempts.

The service team at Burbank has told me repeatedly that I don't have access to my car on my app due to the invoice not being able to be generated. And that when it is finally generated that the car will populate back into the app.

Was on the phone with support earlier and they didn't offer or seem able to fix the app issue on their own outside of the 'service' realm.

This whole thing is so insanely frustrating and no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer on why it can't be resolved.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Upvote 0
If the car doesn't appear at all, that's a different issue and service can't help with that. You'll need to contact Tesla Support to get that resolved. Once your car shows up in the app, it should stay there as long as you own it, regardless of what service does. I assume you're using the same Tesla account you were using before the problem occurred.

One thing to try before contacting Support is logging out of the app and then back in. That has been known to fix issues. If that doesn't work, try force quitting the app and relaunching it. Once the problem is resolved, you should be able to access the invoice.
Yes. Using the same Tesla account from before the problem occurred.

Upvote 0