Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Unresponsive - What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster here but have lurked since buying my Model 3 Performance last year.

For context, I live in Kansas, 3 hours away from a service center. I’ve only needed service once before and was able to have it performed via Mobile Service.

I was going to be in Tulsa, OK yesterday and have multiple things I wanted looked at while in town. I scheduled my appointment a week in advance and added the following items to my estimate:
  • Increasing wind noise on the front driver’s side window
  • Trunk lid is not always opening fully
  • Dash cam intermittently unavailable (known common issue I believe)
  • Bluetooth issues (I’m told I sound garbled when talking on the phone.)
I didn’t consider any of this major service and if needed, I could bring the car back or switch to mobile service if a subsequent appointment was required after initial diagnosis.

In my communications prior to my appointment, I told them I would be dropping the car off before they opened and picking it up after they close, as I had other plans while in the area. They told me I could leave my key card in the drop box which I did. I assumed if this would be a problem or if my car would not be ready for me that same day that they would have told me as such in advance.

I dropped my car off at 6:00am yesterday morning and sent a message on the app indicating as such. I also added the last concern to which they responded and said they would update the ticket.

That was the last response I received from them. My plans in the area included no cell phone service for large portions of the day. I checked at approximately 4:00pm, and the app indicated my car was still in service. When I had cell phone service again at 7:00pm, there was no update on my car, the app was still showing it in service, and I was unable to get in touch with them via the app or the local phone number. By this time, they were closed, and I was starting to panic.

I Ubered there in hopes of my car at least being accessible so I wouldn’t be stranded 3 hours from home. My car was indeed outside and was drivable thankfully even though my app is unusable and I had given them the only key card I had with me. I don’t believe they touched my car. It was still in the same spot, and my seat hadn’t even been moved.

I sent a message on the app this morning and left another voicemail about a half hour ago. It appears they don’t answer the phone even when they are open.

I’m at over 24 hours with no contact, no usable app (see attached screenshot), and a missing key card. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Attachments

• 3EDE129E-C07E-4C64-9812-F52D30227203.jpeg
    3EDE129E-C07E-4C64-9812-F52D30227203.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 245
You need to hire a couple large high-school/college men to go to the dealer's with you. It may be helpful to let them stand around holding baseball bats. Explain that the Service Center is being unhelpful, and that you plan to use their service more than once, so you demand decent service. I know this sounds pedantic (whatever) but sometimes people just need to be told. You can't be nice. Just be firm and insist on better service. Write down names and get phone numbers where you can call at any time for updates on service. Tell them to give you a firm time for completion of work and be there on time to pick it up.

There is a manager, and he/she needs to know of your trouble. Share your story.

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you're getting shoddy treatment because you're a woman. This does NOT cut it these days.