Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Vienna

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.I have a MS 2013 85 and its been at the Viena service in Tech park.They changed the chip and a drain plug as well as the HV battery under warranty but its been two days and when i wanted to leave, i got in the car and it took 2 minutes for ot to start so i can drive and the center display did not turn on.I restarted it 5 times when i got home, it does turn on now but the alert "center display not available " wont dissapear and i cant put music on from my phone as it wont load on the center display.
Is that normal?I dont think so.It is not acceptable.What can i do?The closest service is 514km away and i surely dont have time to go again.I just got the car 2 days ago!its been there a month and 8 days.I sent an e-mail to them but im getting pissed off.Please tell me if anyone had those kinds of problems?

Attachments

• 20210529_202854.jpg
    20210529_202854.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 60
Hi.I have a MS 2013 85 and its been at the Viena service in Tech park.They changed the chip and a drain plug as well as the HV battery under warranty but its been two days and when i wanted to leave, i got in the car and it took 2 minutes for ot to start so i can drive and the center display did not turn on.I restarted it 5 times when i got home, it does turn on now but the alert "center display not available " wont dissapear and i cant put music on from my phone as it wont load on the center display.
Is that normal?I dont think so.It is not acceptable.What can i do?The closest service is 514km away and i surely dont have time to go again.I just got the car 2 days ago!its been there a month and 8 days.I sent an e-mail to them but im getting pissed off.Please tell me if anyone had those kinds of problems?

It sounds like an eMMC problem in the MCU1. Maybe paying to upgrade to MCU2 would avoid further frustrations for another 5-6 years.

Upvote 0
It sounds like an eMMC problem in the MCU1. Maybe paying to upgrade to MCU2 would avoid further frustrations for another 5-6 years.
Yes the thing is i asked for them to do that BUT they said that there is no need as they changed the the eMMC chip.So i literally asked for the upgrade but they siad that the change of the emmc chip is under warranty because of the recall and now it already has problems!i will attach the e-mail so you can see what i mean

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210530-012317_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210530-012317_Gmail.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
Yes the thing is i asked for them to do that BUT they said that there is no need as they changed the the eMMC chip.So i literally asked for the upgrade but they siad that the change of the emmc chip is under warranty because of the recall and now it already has problems!i will attach the e-mail so you can see what i mean

I am not sure how they fixed it but I am sorry that they need to fix it again.

Upvote 0
My 2014 Model S did a gradual die out. It now sits undriveable in my driveway. That was one of the many error messages I got as the electronic cancer metastasized throughout my car's circuitry. I have had a service appointment scheduled for a month. Didn't make it!

Upvote 0