Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service WiFi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of my cars (S & X) always seam to be slow getting updates. Lots of people say if you visit a dealership and connect to the “Tesla Service” wifi updates will start within the next 24ish hours if the vehicle is behind in the cue. I asked a Tesla service adviser about this the other day but he wasn’t sure if there was any truth to it. Lots of people on the forums say it works though.
I’m not sure if it’s the actual connection at the dealership or just if the car sees connecting to that specific SSID name that actually triggers it. All Tesla’s have the “Tesla Service” SSID and password hard coded into the car so I was thinking of setting up an SSID on my home network called “Tesla Service” but I don’t know what the password is that’s hard coded in the vehicle. Does anyone know what this password is? I know it’s not the same as Tesla guest. I’ve searched the net but can’t find the answer.

I’m not sure if setting up my own SSID will make any difference but it only takes me 5 minutes to do so I have nothing to loose.

I have excellent wifi in my garage because I have an access point directly above my cars.

thanks

It is unclear in your post. Have you connected your Teslas to your existing SSID with excellent signal in your garage? Are you not getting updates?
Yes I do get updates but they take forever to get to my vehicles. I find I get them about a month or more after others have them.
Yes my Tesla’s connect to my home wifi network just fine every time they are in my garage. They also connect to wifi at my office as well.

Yes I do get updates but they take forever to get to my vehicles. I find I get them about a month or more after others have them.
Yes my Tesla’s connect to my home wifi network just fine every time they are in my garage. They also connect to wifi at my office as well.
I think that is the best way to get updates, what you are already doing. I agree with ucmndd.

The Tesla wifi used to work, maybe around 2017? Then exactly because of everyone showing up to use it, your car will now only join it if it has an active service request. So, yeah, very old info that ‘you can use Tesla wifi’.

As said, the only thing that speeds things up is the Advanced selection. All the hogwash around about tapping buttons and this and that are just that. A good connection and Advanced does it. I get new software when it comes out.

There is a list of VIN numbers and you get software in that order. Both my cars get it sooner rather than later because they both were upgraded to HW3 recently. But there’s nothing you can do about the order.

Both of my cars (S & X) always seam to be slow getting updates. Lots of people say if you visit a dealership and connect to the “Tesla Service” wifi updates will start within the next 24ish hours if the vehicle is behind in the cue. I asked a Tesla service adviser about this the other day but he wasn’t sure if there was any truth to it. Lots of people on the forums say it works though.
I’m not sure if it’s the actual connection at the dealership or just if the car sees connecting to that specific SSID name that actually triggers it. All Tesla’s have the “Tesla Service” SSID and password hard coded into the car so I was thinking of setting up an SSID on my home network called “Tesla Service” but I don’t know what the password is that’s hard coded in the vehicle. Does anyone know what this password is? I know it’s not the same as Tesla guest. I’ve searched the net but can’t find the answer.

I’m not sure if setting up my own SSID will make any difference but it only takes me 5 minutes to do so I have nothing to loose.

I have excellent wifi in my garage because I have an access point directly above my cars.

thanks
DM'd you the info you desire