Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service with the App really sucks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I go to schedule a service appointment because of an issue with my vehicle...

Selected a date, etc. all is good.

I come to find out that I need to change it.

I go into the app, change the date, save it...then I go back to the app and it still shows the old date. I tried to do this 3 times, and it still shows the old date.

I tried to cancel the appointment, and if you see the app, you can't even cancel even though it says to click here to cancel.

Terrible design.

I tried calling, then the automated system says I need to use the app.

Again, such terrible service. Not sure how to communicate or get this changed. So dumb and silly.

So, I go to schedule a service appointment because of an issue with my vehicle...

I go into the app, change the date, save it...then I go back to the app and it still shows the old date. I tried to do this 3 times, and it still shows the old date.

I tried to cancel the appointment, and if you see the app, you can't even cancel even though it says to click here to cancel.

Terrible design.

Again, such terrible service. Not sure how to communicate or get this changed. So dumb and silly.
I had the same difficulty trying to change an appointment date in the Tesla app on my iPhone. After 3 tries with no success, I rearranged my personal schedule to fit the originally booked date, but I agree that should not be necessary.

However, the service appointment did not suck, in fact was a good experience.

Terrible design.

Will it let you make a new appointment? If so, do that. Eventually they will send you an email for the first appointment and you will be able to tell them to cancel that first appointment.

Or, if you press the right buttons to reach a person at Tesla (try the charging not working options) maybe they can fix it.

Will it let you make a new appointment? If so, do that. Eventually they will send you an email for the first appointment and you will be able to tell them to cancel that first appointment.

Or, if you press the right buttons to reach a person at Tesla (try the charging not working options) maybe they can fix it.

So, i set the new date, then it said it saved. I close the app, then go back in and it has the old date. I tried it again and again (2x) and still the old date. There is really nothing that says, "Cancel appt" either... So primitive from a tech company.

Have you guys sent a text to your service center? Thats how I communicate with them and it works very well. They respond quickly. I had homelink installed yesterday, but two days prior I asked if they could also swap the trim my tint guy scratched and they said sure no problem. He showed up yesterday with the trim and swapped it out. Right at my house...

I've had that issue once, I wanted to change text on an appointment and it looks like it takes it and you close the app and go back in and no sign of the change.

But more recently I did make a text change and it worked fine. I think I even moved an appointment too.

Just tested on iPhone X right now.

Made an Appointment (I did get a server error at the end though when I hit Confirm).
Killed App and Restarted to Verify and it was in. It was in.
Made a Date Change. Went smooth and got SMS Message (I think that the Server Error is because it didn't succeed queueing up the SMS).
Killed App and Restarted to Verify date was changed. It did.
Canceled Appointment. (Another Server Error Msg).
Killed App and Restarted to Verify appointment was canceled. It was gone. No SMS Again that is was canceled.

Overall it worked perfect accept glitchy SMS confirmations.

P.S. If you choose Other you automatically get a Mobile Appt. But now that winter has set in, I think that no longer happens. I used it just 3 weeks ago to get winter tires via Mobile Appt.

What kind of phone does OP have? Just curious.

Tesla Service Center needs number to call. I scheduled appointment 12/3 for 12/13 (1st available) mobile at my house. I re-arrange my work schedule around this to ensure I can be home then. Yesterday, I get a text that the mobile technician needs the car in the shop and a forced re-schedule is done for 12/18. Today the appointment is again changed now to 12/19..No one called to ask or explain what was going on. Of course. 12/18 and 19 don't work for me. I replied to the text but no response. This system is broken and sucks!

Tesla Service Center needs number to call. I scheduled appointment 12/3 for 12/13 (1st available) mobile at my house. I re-arrange my work schedule around this to ensure I can be home then. Yesterday, I get a text that the mobile technician needs the car in the shop and a forced re-schedule is done for 12/18. Today the appointment is again changed now to 12/19..No one called to ask or explain what was going on. Of course. 12/18 and 19 don't work for me. I replied to the text but no response. This system is broken and sucks!

They are far too busy selling cars to be bothered with servicing them. They'll deal with that when it reaches service hell time.

You might try again, I was having the same issue (app says rescheduled but doesn't show up as rescheduled or get the scheduling text) for the last several days, but just tried again and the change took affect this time. It is possible I restarted my phone between when it didn't work and when it did.

Is it normal to get a quote for service? My car is 3 months old and the heater isn't blowing hot. From what I've read on here this is a known issue and it 100 percent will be covered under warranty. Yet I get an estimate / invoice....

Additionally, they won't confirm if I will get a loaner or uber credits. They basically said 'maybe?'.... Well, I need to know if I need to have my wife follow me to the SC or not. Can anyone confirm if you usually get a loaner? Or it is possible that the tech knows exactly what's wrong and they fix it while I wait? Thanks!

Terrible design.

Last year when you still can book appointments on the computer, I tried to cancel an appointment and there was no option to do it at all. So I called, and I kid you not, I waited 1 hours on hold to cancel the appointment.... that was when service center was still taking calls. I would have just leave a voicemail but there was no option for that either. Next time I won't bother.. what are they going to do.. charge me for a no show like a doctor's appointment?

Last year when you still can book appointments on the computer, I tried to cancel an appointment and there was no option to do it at all. So I called, and I kid you not, I waited 1 hours on hold to cancel the appointment.... that was when service center was still taking calls. I would have just leave a voicemail but there was no option for that either. Next time I won't bother.. what are they going to do.. charge me for a no show like a doctor's appointment?

They can't charge you if they come out and you aren't there... Those service guys for 1 thing, you can't call...no number and if you call Tesla, they will tell you to use the App for service, then you use the, you can't even change appointments and it has issues...and no it isn't my phone. their app is just bad. They texted me before, but I texted them back asking to change the time of the appt ....to please please respond... no one responded to the text....still says old appt.

I swear...Tesla service is run by a bunch of idiots!