Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NEVER BUY a Tesla...check my post...car has been in shop for over 90 days... Great car but until they work out their supply chain and repair time stay away... Car insurance companies only cover 30 day rentals so if you are at fault, you will pay around $3k in rental fees out of your own pocket...worst experience ever. I wish I never purchased the car...

This sounds like you crashed a car, which is not a service issue, its a driver issue.

I found a few threads where people complained about Tesla service. I am wondering how wide-spread that is. The last thing I want to do is spend serious money on a car and find out that service is a big headache. FWIW, I live in the Baltimore area. Obviously, YMMV. But, is there a sense of how Tesla service is, generally? This might be a good subject for a survey.

It's regionally good or bad. You don't care about service being generally good. You care about service near Baltimore. Tune into that.

Every service I've had has always delighted me, they go above and beyond expectations. Five years running. Just excellent!

NEVER BUY a Tesla...check my post...car has been in shop for over 90 days... Great car but until they work out their supply chain and repair time stay away... Car insurance companies only cover 30 day rentals so if you are at fault, you will pay around $3k in rental fees out of your own pocket...worst experience ever. I wish I never purchased the car...
Where is a loaner or i understand they gave Uber coupons??

The Tesla insurance is bespoke for their brand so presumably it would offer unlimited loaners while your car waits for repair. Does anyone know if they offer that? I is clearly needed and Tesla should use unlimited loaners as a selling point for their insurance.

Odd thought. Every other insurance company "sells" rental coverage (usually 30 days) for an added premium. If Tesla Insurance gave unlimited loaners, they would have to price into the Insurance premium. What about people who have multiple vehicles and don't need the rental coverage? Nothing is free ---- everything in priced in the business model somewhere/somehow. Trust me, I know.... two totaled X's in 30 days.

Odd thought. Every other insurance company "sells" rental coverage (usually 30 days) for an added premium. If Tesla Insurance gave unlimited loaners, they would have to price into the Insurance premium. What about people who have multiple vehicles and don't need the rental coverage? Nothing is free ---- everything in priced in the business model somewhere/somehow. Trust me, I know.... two totaled X's in 30 days.

It should be the default option with the ability to remove it for a lower price. Having a Tesla requires a spare car these days. I would pay for a little extra in my insurance to get rid of one of my cars.