Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I love Tesla cars I am really disappointed with customer service. A repair was requested a month ago, I received an email saying it will fixed since it's under warranty but nobody contacted me after that. Nobody picks up the phone at local service location.

Some people have had great experiences with Tesla and others haven't. I don't have any proof for this, but it seems like Tesla service is amazing to people whom have never had a high end luxury brand before. Seems like those of us that have had expensive cars are used to a whole different level of service. I can attest to this as I just had another service issue tonight.

The recent trend of not answering their phones is very irritating. Of five SCs I visited on my recent trans-continental trip, three of them consistently did not answer the service lines. I had to appear at the other two and get a cell phone number for a service advisor in order to keep in contact with the SC.

In Montreal Canada they always pick up. I have had no problem here.

Funny enough here it's the opposite. BMW has terrible service and simply seems to have their customers. ( no one I know likes to deal with canbec BMW franchise )

Mercedes is better but still has issues.

At the end of the day I think it's like any company. We all have hit and miss when it comes to service.

The service centers in FL are overwhelmed and service will only continue to get worse as the numbers of teslas on the road increases. I am not sure how tesla will survive the introduction of the M3. I have been waiting 6 weeks to get a headlight replaced and like others, can not get anyone at the SC to return a call or email.

• Informative
Reactions: DiamondHands
Well that sucks. You probably have a better chance of finding a spare headlight on this forum at this point in time. It almost seems like they're putting service and related things in the back burner. So much for making sure the existing customers are taken care of.

Reactions: davidc18
Every Tesla service center is overwhelmed.
I am with the people that have had terrible service.

Here is what I have to say:
If you take my car into service, fix what you agreed to fix.
My car came out with half the items not addressed.
2 days after i got my car back, issues that were introduced by service (FWD snapping/bending trim ripping seals).

It is bad to have to wait over a month for "parts", still waiting, so who knows how long this ride will last...
It is completely unacceptable to actually make my car worse when they have possession of the car!
It is also unacceptable to return my car and not have addressed from the most basic/obvious (missing clip) to the ugly (uneven roof line - one FWD is higher then the other)

/rant off

This is terrible....my car was 1 week old and I waited 7 weeks for an appointment. They have now had my new X for 3 weeks and numerous calls have met the response that they are waiting for parts. Buying a $130K vehicle, I for one, expected a higher level of response to fit and finish issues, and certainly a better turn around time on fixing things. I love my new car and make exceptions when I look at the Tesla approach, but it sure pains me to deal with this service issue. I know they claim being overwhelmed, but they are selling cars at break neck speeds and now have nearly 400K people waiting for the new Model 3. What level of service will we receive once that happens??

Looks like posting comment helped. Issue ,that was not resolved in over 30 days ,got resolved after three of this post. We need to have strong voice against any shortcoming on service side because only one thing can take down Tesla and that is service. Car is simply amazing.

Owner of Tesla ModelX (Red Model X) P100D

The service centers in FL are overwhelmed and service will only continue to get worse as the numbers of teslas on the road increases. I am not sure how tesla will survive the introduction of the M3. I have been waiting 6 weeks to get a headlight replaced and like others, can not get anyone at the SC to return a call or email.

Hi there- any experience with, or knowledge of, the SC in WPB?

I must be the lucky one. I have had service completed in in Florida and Arizona with no issues. In Florida I called set an appt up, dropped it off and got a loaner. next day car was ready. In Arizona i called the wrong number about service, and instead of saying call the right number they said they would have a service writer from my area call me. Next day received a call from a ranger who said he could be at my house 730am the next day. He actually got to my house early and was in and out in maybe one hour. I have not a single complaint about service.

I almost forgot I had my AC serviced in Arizona the day after I called. Paul did the work and is a very accommodating mechanic. Jack was the ranger who was early, and was also great.

You think that is bad, my Model X has been in for service 8 times for a total of 167 days since I took delivery. It is my understanding they opened a new Service Center in Jacksonville today. Still too far for me to go to.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX and davidc18
I've given up on calling the SC. I just take the car and have them accept it. They may not look at it for a few days but at least they have it and I'm in a loaner.

Who knows when the next available appt would be since I can't get a hold of them.

I've given up on calling the SC. I just take the car and have them accept it. They may not look at it for a few days but at least they have it and I'm in a loaner.

Who knows when the next available appt would be since I can't get a hold of them.

That's just ridiculous. I really hope that you and others have escalated your complaints up the management chain, and that Tesla has begun taking heed.

A letter to the regional service manager helped to get a phone call and email. Service scheduled. No MS loaner available at drop off.

The front line employees are great. Only heaps of praise for them. The service center manager is also great in person. No issues at all until the car goes behind the wall. I can't fathom when, where why or how the disconnect happens. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I have had fantastic service experience from both Paramus and Springfield, NJ. They bend over backwards to satisfy. They have proactively made repairs for things I didn't even know about on several occasions. My chief complaint is parts availability and slow parts deliveries. It's not the end of the world as I am usually in a Tesla loaner while waiting but they definitely need to improve in that area.

I will say one thing though, once they have the vehicle my service advisor follows up with progress nicely. But it's pulling teeth to get to that point. Since they won't respond to text/emails/calls prior to.

As I said about phone calls, it's not that they don't answer, they rather just drop your call by giving the busy signal after it rings a few times.