Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Sets Production Record Despite Supply Chain Challenges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla set a new record in Q2, producing 206,421 vehicles.

During the quarter, Tesla produced 204,081 units of its more affordable Model 3 sedan and Model Y SUV. The company said it produced 2,340 of its flagship Model S and X vehicles. Tesla built 180,338 cars in Q1.

Screen-Shot-2021-07-02-at-3.48.02-PM.png

Tesla delivered a total 201,250 vehicles in Q2, which amounts to 386,050 cars delivered in 2021 so far.

“Our teams have done an outstanding job navigating through global supply chain and logistics challenges,” the company said in a release.

Chief Executive Elon Musk praised employees in a post on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize the production difference between S/X and 3/Y.

Is there a 3 / Y breakdown somewhere.
I want to see High "Y" numbers to justify the delay, I think I am experiencing! in getting mine!!!

I want to see High "Y" numbers to justify the delay, I think I am experiencing! in getting mine!!!

Those are some impressive numbers considering a global shortage of supplies plus what hopefully is the tail end of the pandemic. Many were suggesting that Tesla wouldn‘t be able to reach 200K cars for Q2.

I am also experiencing what appears to be a lengthy delay. Ordered my Y on May on May 9th (my profile is compete). It keeps updating back and forth by +- a week which I am told is normal as they organize production runs. I am wondering if it has to do with the way its optioned. Black color plus 7 seater 3rd row.

Max

I didn't think they produced any S/X during Q1? If we don't know when those models went back into production then we don't know if this is a full 91 days of production, or just some fraction of the quarter. Q3 will be a more interesting comparison of SX to 3Y.