Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shareholder voting when based in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the UK and I own Tesla shares (the brokerage firm is Hargreaves Lansdown, www.hl.co.uk). I read about the upcoming CEO compensation package voting and I decided I wanted to vote. However, I wasn't sure how I could do this.

I contacted Tesla directly but never got a response. I contacted HL and after a few days, I got a message back from them (via secure messaging in my online account console) saying that I am eligible to vote I can message them my vote and they will relay it back to Tesla.

However, this is a little concerning as there is no way for me to be sure that my vote was accurately given. It could easily be tampered with which is not right.

Is anyone else a UK based shareholder who does voting? How do you cast your vote in a secure way? I'd rather vote directly with Tesla via an online console or even a postal vote.

Any help or suggestions?

Hi there

I'm in the same situation as you, based in London and own Tesla shares. Mine are with a uk online broker too
I initially tried to do this online via
eBook Viewer
It was asking for a control number in order to vote. Which I believe is shown in the voting instructions pack which was sent to all US based shareholders via mail

I sent a message to [email protected], I got the following reply from Erin Hopkins ([email protected]) at Innisfree M&A Incorporated

"To better assist you we would like to speak by phone. Please call our toll-free direct line at +1 412-232-3651 between the hours of 9am and 8pm Eastern and our agents would be happy to help. "

So that's where I am with it at the moment, may try to call on Monday, see if anything can be done.

Hi there

I'm in the same situation as you, based in London and own Tesla shares. Mine are with a uk online broker too
I initially tried to do this online via
eBook Viewer
It was asking for a control number in order to vote. Which I believe is shown in the voting instructions pack which was sent to all US based shareholders via mail

I sent a message to [email protected], I got the following reply from Erin Hopkins ([email protected]) at Innisfree M&A Incorporated

"To better assist you we would like to speak by phone. Please call our toll-free direct line at +1 412-232-3651 between the hours of 9am and 8pm Eastern and our agents would be happy to help. "

So that's where I am with it at the moment, may try to call on Monday, see if anything can be done.

Thanks for this. I've dropped an email to that address now and also rung the number you gave. Apparently the number is some company Tesla has contracted to deal with this particular voting. They may not necessarily get involved with future Tesla votes though. They did say that it is a real pain to collect votes from shareholders outside of the US as each international brokerage company does things differently. Sounds like a real minefield for what seems like should be really simple.

Anyway, thanks for your help with this. If anything I'd advise you to call today. The voting is on 21st so if you leave it until Monday, then you don't have a lot of time if there's any issues.